South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 03:49 PM   #1  

Unhappy Phase 1 and "that time" of the month?

Hiya

I started the SBD on Monday 7th Feb. I lost 2 kg in 3 days. Was stoked. Then on the 4th day I didn't see any movement, and on the 5th day, my period started. I was thrilled with the lead up, as normally I am a moody cow, craving (and indulging in) all sorts of junk, but this time I was pleasant and craving free. BUT I've put a kilo back on!!!

I'm trying to work out if this is a "side effect" of all the girly business goin on, or if I am not following the diet properly. I am not following the exact menu plan, as I feel like I simply do not have the time to cook recipe meals just yet. (Going through a fairly hectic time right now, end is in sight!) But I have been oh-so careful.
The only thing I can think of is that on Friday night, i ended up at a an impromptu dinner. There was hardly anything suitable on the menu.. but I found a vege fritatta and salad (i had to pick out chunks of potato and carrot though!) BUT BUT BUT! I had a teensy corner of the garlic foccacia (probably about 3 bites worth) and last night I had 3 teaspoonfuls of my partners chocolate pudding.

Firstly, The Doc is right.. have 3 spoonfuls of the dessert and walk away.. you'll feel just as satisfied...
secondly.. I know it was stupid to risk all the good work i've done.. but surely those two little indulgences don't add up to a kilo?

What are your thoughts?

Personally I think that either way, I might extend Phase 1 for an extra week, just so it doesn't fall smack bang in the middle of my cycle. But I'd love to know if anyone else has had stalled weightloss (or even a weight gain) during their period?

Ta
Old 02-13-2005, 12:51 AM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey welcome aboard! You don't have to follow the recipes in the book. They are just there as a guide if you want. All you have to do is just eat off the phase 1 food list. As far as TOM (time of the month) Alot us gain some lose and some stay the same. This month I gained 3 pounds. The kilo will probably drop back off. Hang in there!
Old 02-13-2005, 08:05 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm sure it's the damned TOM, Joody... The same thing happens to me every month.
Don't stress... like Bamie said, it'll come back off.
Stay OP, girl!!
Closed Thread