South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 02:06 AM   #1  

Default Thursday Chat

Since I am still up working (and waiting on someone else right now), I figure I will go ahead and start up the Thursday daily. I've never been the first in before. I am hoping to get a couple of hours of sleep when this change is done but I'll just have to wait and see. I really wish I could rely on DH to get my son to school and then I could sleep in tomorrow (oh, actually, I mean today).

I did manage to get enough time to fix the eggplant casserole for dinner which was really good. I never did get my afternoon snack and I haven't been drinking enough water today either. I'm a bit hungry but I guess I will go and eat a yogurt. I really don't want to get too much caffeine if there is a chance I will get a few hours of sleep.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:20 AM   #2  

It is Thursday evening here and I am so glad the sun is slowly going down. The humidity is unbearable! We have BBQ'd the last two nights because I can't handle any cooking appliances on inside. The good news is that I am drinking about 3 litres of water a day atm.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:04 AM   #3  

Chick - I never did get a chance to welcome you back! I think right now we could all use some of your climate's warmth but I'm sure we won't feel the same way in July or August. I've been finding it hard to drink all the water that I should when it is so cold (okay, Dallas is nowhere near as cold as Canada but, hey, I'm a wimp when it comes to cold.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:29 AM   #4  

Sun is great and I am really enjoying the cold meat and salads but the stickiness just drains you. The forecast is for rain the next few days so that should clear the air a bit. The kids have all started back at school this week so I don't know how they are coping. I sure know the school pool looks inviting! And they all start swimming lessons next week for their PE. I will miss it by about May when it starts getting muddy and cold.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:35 AM   #5  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

I read the posts re: my boss yesterday and laughed. He'd just implode if he read all that. I had a chat with my courier yesterday and vented my frustrations. He said it was absolutely unreasonable to expect me to do what amounts to two full time jobs and he said he'd let the boss know that I'm pretty much at the breaking point. As soon as I'm able, I'm going to ask the boss to come to my office for a chat. I'm going to ask for a raise and tell him he needs to try and get the nursing home to try and condense their draws to Tues, Wed, and Thurs when possible. If they can't do that, then he's just going to have to find another phlebo to share the job.

I didn't even mention the icing on the cake Tuesday. I found out that last Thursday, one of my handspinner friends was killed in a car accident. This will make the 3rd friend I've lost in the last 6 months.

Who needs soap operas, huh?

Had to go run a STAT last night across the city. Dh went with me and we wound up at IHOP for dinner. I just said "FRASS SBD" and I ate scrambled eggs, half a slice of ham, one slice of bacon, one sausage link, hash browns and 1 pancake. Thank goodness, the scale wasn't unkind to me this morning. Of course, that was all I'd had since my snack at 10:00 am. Got too busy to eat lunch....my beloved spinach and turkey bacon is still languishing in the fridge at work. I'll eat it today.

Right now, I'm munching on this yummy organic whole grain oat toast with lowfat cheese slices melted on top.

Hope all you chicks have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 02-03-2005, 06:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

OMG Mamacita, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of another one of your friends. It really hits home when you lose someone you know. I can't wait till you have that talk with your boss. It sounds like he's just going to pile your work load up on you unless you say something about it. Hope it all turns out well.

Barb, I guess you're sleeping by now, but I hope you'll have a good day today.

Chick on the Beach, Right now I'd enjoy some of that weather your're having, although I only want 1 or 2 days of it. When our weather turns hot and humid for days on end, then I start yearning for winter again - I'm never satisfied!

I don't know why I'm up so early today, there's nothing important happening. I'm going to go visit with my SIL later, and we always have a good time together, but other than that, nothing else is going on. I made the Shrimp Fried Rice last night, and I loved it. I think it's going to be one of my most used recipes. I used the food processor to grate the cauliflower, and I added some red peppers and low sodiom soy sauce to the recipe, and it was great. Jake was really sceptical about trying it, but he even liked it! I'm going to start substituting cauliflower for rice in all my recipes, as it works really well. But now don't worry, I'm smart enough to know not to try it for Rice Pudding, LOL!
I'm going to go look for something for breakfast and get another cup of coffee, so I'll check in with you all later.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:44 AM   #7  
A Lily from my yard!

Mornin Chicks! Looks like some of ya were up cluckin early or should I say up cluckin late. Thanks for keepin it down so the rest of us could sleep! lol

Barb... You poor dear. I cannot believe your husband cannot be trusted to get DS off to school. I would have to have a serious talk with him.

Chick on the beach...Where are you located? Poor dear sweat it out! lol Maybe it will help you drop the pounds!

Mama... That boss of yours better get it together soon! Oh I am so sorry for your loss! That is alot to deal with so close together and then to have your boss and BIL on top of that! OY! I love IHOP! The best pancakes. Hey you did good if you only ate one! I hope the NH draws works out to the good soon!

Cottage... That was funny about the rice pudding. Which by the way I love! Have a good time with your SIL.

Me... I am gettin out of the house today no matter what! lol I have a ton of stuff to do that I have been puttin off and I am leaving for Atlanta in the morning so I have to get it done today. I can't wait to sleep in that heavenly bed. (I just hope it is!) lol I told DH if there are 2 I'm sleepin in one and he can have the other ! lol I love to sleep by myself he is a bed hog!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-03-2005, 08:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Bamie! I know exactly what you mean about sleeping by yourself. Jake works the night shift, and when he is home all night, I can't sleep at all, he's such a bed hog! Rice Pudding is one of my favorite desserts, too, as is Bread Pudding, and I have a wonderful recipe for both. Too bad they're not compatible with SBD! Hope you get everything done today that needs doing so you'll be ready to leave for Atlanta tomorrow. Are you meeting up with Mamacita? That would be great. I'd love to meet you other Beach Chicks, and if any of you are ever in the Philadelphia area, please PM me so we can arrange to meet someplace.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:48 AM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

Yes cottage it looks Mamacita and I are gonna get to meet! I'm very excited. I have never met anyone from the internet before! I have never been to Philly. I have always said I wanted to go. We to Pittsburgh every few years. DH is from that area. I had never seen anything like the townships and stuff until I went up there. I told him it was just like you see in movies but never realized it was real. The way they build houses stacked up on the side of a mtn. I love it. If we ever make it over that way I will look you up! OH pudding!!!!!!!!!!!! (lol)
Old 02-03-2005, 08:54 AM   #10  

Morning Chicks, hope everyone is bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning . Me, I was up with my 4 yr old all night. She has a bad cold and chest thing going on. And of course, she doesn't want DH when she's sick. It has to be mommy.

With this crazy NC weather lately, it's 16 one day and 60 the next. We have sleet and rain today for your viewing pleasure. When will I ever learn to take the umbrella OUT of the car and INTO the house . I have come to the conclusion that the weather forecasters simply cannot predict winter weather in NC. If they say we will get nothing - we get hammered, if they say we will get hammered, we get nothing.

I ate a small pork chop and some pinto beans for dinner last night. I'm trying to weigh in the AM after my shower so I don't have to subtract for clothes and shoes . Hanging steady at 148 though. Maybe next week I will lose some more.

Not much else going on today. Same old same old at work. Everyone wants everything NOW. And they wait til the last minute to ask for it. I do so love men who don't have the foggiest notion of what PLANNING means. I have a sign in my office that I point to regularly. "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine". However, they still want it NOW. Go figure.

Well, better git. I have a drs. appointment today so I have to leave early. I'll check in later though.

Hope everyone has a great day on the beach.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:03 AM   #11  

Height: 5'-2"

Barb, you need a nap, sweetie. Get your water in today, girl!

Chick, humidity... ugh! I don't know which I hate most... that or the cold.

Mamacita, I'm so very sorry about your friend. And three in six months...
Stay strong with your boss, hon!

Cottage, have fun with your SIL!! It's nice to have a good "connection" like that, isn't it. One of my SILs I LOVE, and the other one... well, I'd have no trouble pushing her off a cliff.
I also use shredded cabbage (I buy the bags of preshredded coleslaw) instead of rice... it's yummy!

Bamie, I hear ya re: the beds. Our bedroom is in the attic, and the only size bed we could get up there is a double. It's a tight squeeze for two fully-grown adults. (one of them 60 pounds overweight!)

DH has the morning off, and he's making me exercise. ho hum.
I'll be back later... have a great day, gals!
Old 02-03-2005, 09:07 AM   #12  

Height: 5'-2"

Kelly, I missed your post...I'm so sorry about your little one. I hope she's better soon.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:37 AM   #13  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Good Morning Ladies~

Mama~I'm so sorry about your friend.

Kellly~I hope your little one feels better. I know exactly what you're going through. My baby has been sick for a week & a half now. It's just horrible. Our weather here in Kansas is the same. They can't seem to get it right lately. Luckily though, we haven't had alot of snow/ice. Just cold mostly.

To those who have been here already & have yet to come in, GOOD MORNING!!

Me~Well, today is baby's 1st birthday. *SIGH* I can't believe it's been a year already. I am baking his birthday cake & dh will decorate it later with Elmo design. I might have a bite a two, but that's it. I've been doing so well, I am not going to screw it up! *I hope* For dinner, I am not sure what I will eat, rest of family are going to have corndogs and fries, since that's what the baby likes. It is his birthday so we're having something he enjoys. Wish it didnt have to be fattening. Well, I"m off to clean and nap. I'll check back in later.

Have a Great OP Day!
Old 02-03-2005, 09:43 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! I am soooo late this morning.

Barb, all nighters are so draining! I've done quite a few in my time and know how burned out you feel afterwards. I hope you can get some proper rest.

Chick, I know you are in the Southern Hemisphere and thought you were in OZ but then you went there for a visit. Are you a Kiwi?

Mamacita, I am so sorry to hear of the death of your friend. Losing someone around our own age certainly makes us look at life differently doesn't it.

Cottage, hmmmm....rice pudding made of cauliflower. I wonder. MAybe if you cooked it in milk first it would work. Let us know. Bread pudding would be OK on Phase II.

Bamie, I hate bed hogs. A knee in the nuts works wonders. Enjoy your Atlanta visit and I do hope you can meet Mamacita.

Rayneysmom, my umbrellas are always in the car when I'm in the house. Even worse, when I'm in the car, they are in the trunk! So weather forecasters down there lie just like the ones we have here!

Ellis, did DH drag you out on the Canal yet? That would certainly count for mega exercise IMHO! Harry used to insist on skating from the NAC to the Dow's Lake Pavilion and then back, nearly killing me.

Amber, give your little darling a birthday hug and do take pictures. I wish you strength in resisting the birtday menu.

Me? I was up early as usual but got into gathering recycle stuff in the cellar. What a mess! I lugged it upstairs by eight, got dressed and went to the store to get a $20 changed to pay the dump run guy only to spot him on his way out of town. I missed pick-up! He must have been really early today. Anyhow, I loaded all the reuse/recycle/reduce stuff into my car and actually visited the dump myself! It has really changed and was not too bad an excursion. Dennis is the Emperor of the Dump and even took my stuff out of the car and pitched it into bins for me, accompanied by the usual Delta type kidding and teasing, of course.

Now I'm home and need to get tuna salad organized for Harry's lunch - His Majesty does not like the way Jane makes tuna salad but will allow her to make him a sandwich! I have a spoiled husband and two spoiled dogs. Jane is due at 11 and I sure hopes she makes it as I have a busy schedule today. I need to go to The Falls to bottle wine, get meat for dog food, hit Wally World and also pay a call at the funeral home in Elgin. I'm not sure I can fit it all in by 4 PM. The visitation is for Peter Breedyk, a charming Dutch gentleman who fled Holland during the war. He was a really sweet and funny man who loved to drop in to sing with me and sip tea and munch cookies. He lived to 91 and departed peacefully. If I don't get to the visitation, I'll definitely make it to the funeral tomorrow morning and the burial here in Delta.

Hershey was a really good dog when she got her stitches out yesterday. What a stoic! She has healed well and seems even more back to normal now; I guess they pulled. Lucy looks absolutely gorgeous with her fur-styling and was her usual silly self with Holly. Putting your paws on the groomer's shoulders and licking her ears is not really acceptable fur-salon behaviour! Holly adores her and it's mutual.

OK - tuna salad, treadmill and get dressed for shopping and a wake. Such excitement!

Have a great Thursday.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:10 AM   #15  

Good morning!

Got my run in last night and it felt great, but my left foot aches this morning. Plantar fascitis. I had it really bad at my heaviest and it went away as I lost weight. Now that I have gained back 20 pounds it is back. It does seem like my body has forgot about the 50 pounds that I have NOT gained back. Oh well.

Tonight is my spinning guild meeting, and I can't wait! I'm supposed to do a little teaching segment about knitting in the round, and possibly a little about knitting using the "magic loop method." I've never taught anything before and I'm a little apprehensive.

Mamacita, that is so sad about your friend who died. You certainly have dealt with a lot of rough times in the past little while. I hope that your fortunes turn around soon.

Time for me to get back to work!
Closed Thread