Old 12-14-2004, 07:04 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Tuesday Chat, December 14th

Good Morning !!

I'm home again today, still feeling like do do.

Whats shakin w/you all ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 08:11 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Hope you start feeling better soon!

Well, got my hair cut. I like it. I actually was going to go in and tell them to do what they wanted with it as long as it was something I could manage to do at home. But I chickened out. After all, Christmas IS coming The scale went back to where it's supposed to be, now I've got to work on getting through **** week (TOM time arrived) w/out blowing it. Believe me, last night was NOT pretty!! I almost gave in and age Christmas candy. Not sure what happened to prevent me from doing that. DH? I feel sorry for my family cuz I was VERY crabby. At least TOM will disappear before Christmas and I can just worry about the flabby belly in the skirt
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 08:43 AM   #3  

Good morning....slept pretty good last night without any drugs so hopefully this will be a better day. Need to try and eat right today too.....with my stomach feeling crappy lately I am eating to make it feel better. At least my weight is kind of maintaning.

Trying to decide if I want to keep my hair appt this week.....money and time are a factor.....need to decide today....appt is tomorrow.

Need to go to the store today at lunch. I make peanut brittle every year and this year people are actually ASKING for it. Figures! So it is off to get some Karo Syrup and peanuts at lunch. I think I may have time to make it tonight or tomorrow.....depending on whether I get my hair done! SEE

Leenie: Feel better! I recommend staying in bed and watching pointless tv all day.

Brenda: Just maintain through the holiday. That will take some pressure off.
Don't worry about the belly....you probably think it looks worse than it really is....I know....I do the same thing.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 11:01 AM   #4  
Movin' and Losin'

Leenie: Hope you get to feeling better!

Brenda: You can make it through this week. Great job of avoiding the candy last night.

Jane: I'd be in big trouble if I made peanut brittle... I don't know that I'd have much to give out when I was done.

Well, of course all of my good intentions last week were blown this weekend. Disney World and a Christmas party were my downfalls. But, I am back on track, and thankfully, I've been maintaining through this time. I've decided that maintaining isn't bad for this time of year. I'm still eating right the majority of the time and exercising every day, so I can't be too upset at myself, I guess. Come January, though, I want this weight to start coming off!!

Hope y'all have a great day!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 11:28 AM   #5  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi ladies!
Sorry I didn't check in for a coupla Shopping and cleaning wear me out! I spent so much money! Ouch! Ya know I couldn't find the zcarb bars, I think they have them at Walgreens. Can't wait. So many of these treats have Trojan sugar in them!

Brenda- Good job for staying OP through TOM! Glad you like your new doo.

Jina- glad you are hanging in there too! Don't worry maintaining is good, hope you're down some even with all these temptations!

Jane-how can you make peanut brittle and not taste? AAAAHHHH! The willpower! Hope your haircut turns out great!

Leenie- hope you are feeling better soon! Nothing like feeling underwater when you have to get things done.

I am just cleaning and doing LAUNDRY. Nothing special going on. Better thaw something out for supper. Kind of a drab day! I am staying OP, at least that.

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 11:38 AM   #6  

Jina: It's a very busy difficult time of year to be dieting. Don't worry...we will all have to start again come January....you won't be alone.

Roxy: Oh I taste! But I give most of it away...so I just have my little bit and then it is gone.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:42 AM   #7  
Mouth of the South

Good morning all.

Leenie: I hope you feel better. You and I are in the same boat. I'm home sick too.

Jdog, don't beat yourself up too much! It's just as easy to get back on the wagon as it is to fall off. Hang in there!

Jane, send me some of the peanut brittle! I hope you start sleeping well. I have a problem with insomnia, and it's a bitty!

Ladyadnerb, good for you staying OP during TOM! Good luck with the new hair cut.

Roxy, I've never tried zcarb bars. Are they good? I know the Inulge bars really messed me up last time on Atkins. I hope you didn't spend too much money!

Well, I'm home sick today, but I'll live. Thank God or antibiotics, and sugar free cough medicine! Those Theraflu cough strips are sugar free, and they work! I've been back on Atkins for four days now, and doing fine so far. I was sick all weekend and stayed OP. My legs were really puffy, but not anymore! I think I peed more in the last couple of days than I have in a long time, but thats ok! Since I'm home today, I'll be surfing the web, and be hanging around here today. Hope to see you all later!

Kristin
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 11:46 AM   #8  

Kristin: Sorry you aren't feeling well......do I have to give you the same advice I gave to Leenie? I really believe that staying in bed ALL DAY and watching either HGTV, TLC or soaps of course really helps
Old 12-14-2004, 11:58 AM   #9  
Mouth of the South

Jane, sounds like good advice to me! Consider my butt lazy today!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 12:00 PM   #10  

Oh it's not laziness! I consider it research!
Old 12-14-2004, 02:33 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

Jane: congrats on at least maintaining!! I can't seem to eat anything out of the ordinary or the scale goes up. Haven't figured out how to add things when that happens considering OWL is supposed to be increasing things and yet still losing. Color me confused!! I'd be happy to maintain! Keep the hair appointment. You've got to do SOMETHING to make yourself feel better and if getting your hair does it for you I say it's worth it!!

Jina: Another maintainer. Way to go!! Give yourself a big gift for exercising every day! That's an accomplishment in my book! Keep up the good work!!

Roxy: Tis the season for overspending. Sorry you couldn't find the zcarb bars. But ya know, they discontinued carrying them here at Wal-Mart also. Which is kind of annoying!!!! Hope you can find them to taste them. Then again, maybe it's a good thing you didn't. They're VERY good!

Kristin: Sorry to hear you're sick. Hope you're feeling better soon. BTW, just call me Brenda It's easier. And the zcarb bars are excellent if you need a chocolate fix. They taste like "real" chocolate w/out the after taste some of the LC stuff has.

Well, I had intentions of starting exercising this week. But forgot there was Girl Scouts this week. Which means that yesterday, today and tomorrow I work on GS stuff from the time I get home til I have to start supper and so on. I don't like exercising after eating. And of course can't start later this week because I have to finish the Christmas shopping. WHEN will I ever have it done???? ARGH!!! I'd love to just come home ONE day and be able to sit and relax rather than run all over doing this and that. Well, at least I'm OP!!! If you don't count the LC chocolate bar I had last night. Forgot who made it. It was ok. Killed the chocolate urge and that was the main thing (considering I was SOOO close to going and getting the Christmas candy). Well, it's off to work on the GS stuff. Will check back off and on later
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote