Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 02:42 AM   #1  
Happy Kitty Mom =^..^=

Smile Hello! Introducing myself

Hello everyone. I hope that we'll all become good friends.

My name is Kim, usually I go by either Kae or Berry. I even answer to "hey you" on occasion.

I have well over 100 pounds to lose. I used to come out to this board years ago and posted as "Kaemea". I slowly drifted away from both 3FC and WW after a bit of a tussle with my spirit. I just seemed to not care anymore. After I found out that I have both PCOS and insulin resistance, I figured "hey, you're destined to be fat" and just decided that nothing I could do would change that 'fact'. So I quit exercising (hated it anyway) and quit figuring my points (hated THAT too) and went on about my life slowly inching my way up to 320 lbs.

Ow. That's a hard number to admit to, I'll have to say. But here I am, 320 lbs (or so, it's been a while since I've seen a scale) and ready to take back my life. I've been hanging out on the 100+ board over at the WW site, but it's not a very friendly place for the most part. Sort of dominated by a few while the many get left behind.

Then I remembered this site. I remembered how very supportive it was back when I first joined. I still talk with a few of the "girls" from those days, we've had F2F meetings and I love them all very much. So I thought to myself "why don't you go back there, see how things are." So here I am. I'm ready to chat and meet new people. I'm ready to lend my support and friendship to whomever wants or needs it. I'm ready to learn how to work this points stuff (or Core...haven't decided yet ) and how to make this program the livable way of healthy eating that I so desperatly need.

So, who's out there? Anyone want/need a new friend? Let me know!

Huggles,

Berry
Old 12-02-2004, 12:24 PM   #2  
tired of being fat

Default Hello Kae

My name is Lori, and have been on WW for about 11 weeks now. I have lost 22.8 pounds and I know you can too.
Anytime you want to talk I am here. Usually on the computer alot during the day. You could post here, PM me or IM me.
I am currently at 229.8 pounds, started at 252.6, and would love to be somewhere around, 150.
Anyway, I'm here to chat. Have a healthy day.

TTFN Lori
Old 12-03-2004, 11:35 AM   #3  
No Uno Mas?

Hello Ladies.
I'm new here and looking for people to talk to that is in the same boat. I have close to 100 pounds to loose. I don't have much support and really could use some. I'm a high risk for diabetes and two forms of cancer. I really want to be healthy for the profession I'm going into. Any encouagment will be a plus in my life.
Take Care.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:31 PM   #4  
Going to Disney - 2005

Hi I am new here too. And would love to see a group get started here. Seems hard to jump into a group that has been going on for awhile.

I am starting WW tomorrow. I promise to come here at least everyother day to read, support and post.

I hope others will climb on board too.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:55 PM   #5  

Post New to forum

Hi! I posted someother place on here but I think it was in the first Introduction one I saw. I have been on WW for about a month now and have lost 8 lbs! Even through Thanksgiving! Praise the Lord!
I never did get any responces from the other message I posted . So I would like to get a buddy to talk to but it is still fun to check out other stuff on this site.
Good Luck and Hope to hear from you again.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:42 AM   #6  
tired of being fat

Talking How is everyone today?

Hello all,

And how are we all doing today? I am full of energy today.
Welcome, Christalynn, Savin4disney, and Guerita. How are you all doing on your points? Yesterday, I did good but still had some points left over at the end of the night. I know I'm not supposed to but I did and thats ok.

When is everyones weigh in day? I go on Monday evenings. So tomorrow I will report back here with my new loss (or gain.....hope not). Also what are you doing to help your weight loss. Workouts, walking...stuff like that.
I have a few workout tapes that I do. I bought the WW tapes and love them.

I really like active boards so lets try to be active ok? Being able to come on here and read what everyone did is great help for me. I also enjoy posting alot. So are you with me?

Well, I have to go clean up and do a workout. I will check back here later to see if anyone is still here. Hope you all have a healthy day.

TTFN
Lori
Old 12-05-2004, 12:10 PM   #7  
Going to Disney - 2005

Good morning!
Well I started Core today. For now I think I am going to have to stick with you guys and doing it on my own. I am just not in the meeting mood. I have so much going on at home and work that there is not much time for meetings.

I weighed in this morning and will do so every Sunday. I need to get a notebook so I can record what I eat. Even though with Core you don't count points I still want to see what I am eating.

I have some chicken to make and also some pork tenderloin. I figure that will be good for today and tomorrows meal.

Right now not much working out for me. I have tendonnitits in my foot and it needs to heal before I go crazy!

Losing this weight is going to help me when we get to Disney next year. I even bought some smaller Disney tanktops for our trip.

Okay I have to go shopping for work and for food. So I will see you all later.

I think we need to start a name for our group!
Old 12-05-2004, 04:46 PM   #8  
tired of being fat

Default Good afternoon

Hello all,

Just dropping by on a break from my cleaning. Been dusting and cleaning windows and all the stuff that everyone hates to do. I do have to start thinking about dinner soon though.

I do however agree that we need a better name for our group......any ideas?

Savin4disney-- I have never been to Disney. I would love to go though while my kids are still young enough to enjoy it. Are you going for any special occation, or just to go?

I am doing the points instead of core, so I don't know that I would be much help to you for any menus. But if you have any points menus I would love for you to share them.

Well, off to more dusting....type to you later

TTFN, Lori
Old 12-05-2004, 05:16 PM   #9  
Going to Disney - 2005

Talking

Hi Lori:
I have not been to disney since I was 10 and 11. We went 2 years in a row. My DS went when he was 7 with my mom. Now it is our turn to go.

Best advice if you are thinking of going. Start buying Disney Dollars now. You can use them for anything in Disney including your hotel room. Also here is a good website with a ton of information. www.wdwinfo.com

Flex worked for me but I just need to get over all this sugar I seem to be consuming lately. And if I have one sugar thing I want it all. So for now I am going to be doing CORE. Wednesday is going to be hard because I have a training class and they provide lunch. I am going to bring a CORE lunch and try and sneak back to my desk to work while I eat. Hopefully noone will notice.

Group names:
100 lost or bust
Amazing people losing weight

Sorry I don't have my thinking cap on to much today.

okay off to finish my room. Dinner is in the oven potatoes, pork tenderloin and a salad or other veggie.

Okay here is what I ate today:
B-2 eggs scrambled in Pam
L- BLT in a bowl --no bread or mayo
D-mashed sweet potatoes and pork tenderloin

See you tomorrow. I have to do work from work and I also have housework to finish up. Plus desperate housewives on in and hour and I can't miss it.

Last edited by Savin4Disney; 12-05-2004 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:49 PM   #10  
tired of being fat

Default hello

Well it sounds as if you had a good day. I finished cleaning most of everything and am going to really finish tomorrow. Then we are finally going to put the tree up, and decorate.
I did pretty good today although I didn't get a workout in like I wanted to. I did stay on my points for the day. Tomorrow is weigh in day for me so we will see how I did. Not feeling to good about it at the moment though.
Thank you for the info on disney. I will check out the site. We probably won't be able to go there for a couple of years though. How long do those disney bucks stay good for?
It sounds like you have a plan for the work thing tomorrow. Keep up the good work.
Well I am off to bed, gotta a busy day ahead of me tomorrow. But that won't stop me from posting
Have a healthy day and good night,

TTFN, Lori
Old 12-06-2004, 05:47 PM   #11  
No Uno Mas?

Default Hello Ladies

Hello...Kim,Lori,Savin4Disney,and guerita..did I forget anyone?

I've had a good day. Right on track with my water and points and to top it off found out that a coworker is interested in me unfortunately he doesn't want to date a coworker..maybe I should quit
I have a book full of point recipes if anyone of you are interested in sharing.
I ususally weigh in on Monday mornings but since I had to work this moring I will go Wednesday Morning. I am a Team Leader and Customer service at my job so I get in alot of walking and I also have to trek across campus at college. I am wanting to start Tai Chi but I don't really have the money because of the new semester coming and Christmas. There are days where I don't get in all my points and then there are days where I'm staring at my fridge wanting more. That would really be awesome if we could start a support group..I'm in. How 'bout LOSING LADIES? THE TRANSFORMERS ?..since we are changing in so many ways.. just a suggestion Anyone feel feree to send me messages

I'll check in later
~Christina (christalynn)
Old 12-06-2004, 09:21 PM   #12  
tired of being fat

Talking Good evening

Hello everyone,
Just a quick note to let you all know how I did at weigh in tonight. Somehow I lost 2 more pounds. I seriously don't know how but I did. so yee haw for me. . I have to go spend some time with my family but will post either later tonight or first thing in the morning.
Have a healthy night all.

TTFN, Lori
Old 12-06-2004, 09:37 PM   #13  
Going to Disney - 2005

Hello Everyone!

GO LORI!!! Way to go on the loss!!!

Well work was okay. My OT got cut to 3 hours a week unless preapproved. Which sucks cause I was getting like 10 a week. But I am sure some weeks I will still have that.

I did good on Core day 2. I am going to start a thread for posting daily journals if anyone wants to join.

Tomorrow I am thinking that I am going to make some kind of Mexican thing. Kind of like the stuff the Chilpote sells. I love that place. And they have the best spices.

Bagels where in the breakroom. But I looked at them and said they are not Core. Also tonight I did make DS some jiffy popcorn on the stove. I admit I did eat 3 kernals.

I have training on Wed. I am going to ask tomorrow what is planned for lunch and if nothing is Core (which I bet it won't be) I will bring my own lunch. I can eat at my desk while I check email.

Actually not going to be my journal here. Going to start the new thread now.

Have to plan meals for tomorrow.

Last edited by Savin4Disney; 12-06-2004 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:43 AM   #14  

Thumbs up Hi All!

First let me say Way to Go Lori! I do points as well. This is my second try but you know it seems to be lots easier! I'm not feeling deprived or anything. I seem to be losing at a steady rate. I am sure there will come a time I gain or platue but for now You seem to be doing great, Lori! Keep it up!

I like the names you chose Christina. How about New Creations? I good with whatever though. I have such a hard time remembering or finding my way back here! It will be nice to have a specific name to remember!
Christina, was it you that said someone at work was interested in you? That's great! Always helps the self esteem, huh?

Savin'4Disney, I have been to the one in CA. I never remember if it is land or world. I think it is Disney Land though, huh? It has been some years since I was there. Probably 20 now.

I will weigh in on Wednesday night. I have lost a total of 8 lbs this time! I just pray I keep it up and haven't gained. However I won't let that get me down. I haven't started working out yet. I want to lose 15 lbs before I start toning. I am not sure if that is the right way to do it however last time I started working out (crosstrainer) I started gaining weight! So I want to lose enough so that I will keep the momentum going and not get discouraged.
Anyway, I'm glad to have some people to talk with and get pointers from. I love WW and am learning to eat a new and better way!
Hope to hear from you all soon! For now
Good Night!
Shawn
Old 12-07-2004, 10:26 AM   #15  
tired of being fat

Default good morning

Hello all,

Its a rainy cold day here and somehow I am still in a good mood.

Christina--I would love some recipes. My only problem is that I like stuff that is easy to cook, with not to much prep work involved. I know sounds lazy right? Listen, I know you know this but you really need to eat your points. It really is an important part of your weight loss. Don't be afraid to use your allowence points either. Also drink all your water. Thats also very important. Like I said you know all of this but sometimes it helps me to be reminded so I thought I would remind you too . How did you do on your weigh in this morning? Let us know.

Savin-- Sorry to hear about you cut in OT hours. Don't worry to much about it though. I bet things will be just fine. Isn't it funny how things always seem to work themselves out anyway. Congrats on staying away from those evil bagels. That shows alot of self control. Also I don't think 3 kernals of popcorn offically count as anything. I think its a great idea to bring your lunch instead of trying to figure out waht you can and can't eat at your meeting.

Shawn-- Let us know how you do at your WI tonight. Seems like you have a very possitve attitude this time around and that will help you greatly. Keep up the great work.

As for me...... I am going to go shopping today for Christmas and then we are having a few friends over for dinner tonight. I am going to make terriake (sp?) chicken and rice, and a salad of course. Probably not going to get a workout in today though. To much to do today. Tomorrow I will definitly.
Well, ladies it is time to get moving and do some stuff.
Oh yea, my idea for a new name is, Lighter Thoughts
Anyway lets agree on a name and then start a new thread so we all now where to go.
I will check back on everyone tonight. Have a fun and healthy day.

TTFN, Lori
Closed Thread