South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 04:37 PM   #1  

Unhappy Day 3 of PH 1...I'm starving and have all-day headaches!!

This time around, I am being really strict with SBD Phase 1! I am determined to lose 6-7 pounds or so this time!!!

I am on day 3 and I have been having really bad headaches...and I am pretty much ALWAYS hungry! I have writing down what I eat, so I hover around 1200-1400 calories a day, but I am still finding myself starving!

Anyone experience this?

Here is what I ate today so far:

2 scrambled eggs with 1 slice 2% milk American Cheese

1 Polly-O 2% milk string cheese

Mediterranean chicken salad from Subway w/sliced almonds, cheese, spinach, other veggies, and red wine vinagrette dressing

2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter

Not sure what I'm going to have for dinner . . .

Thanks!

Lauren

Last edited by laurlaur; 11-03-2004 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:55 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Lauren, honey, you need veggies, bad! You are eating almost all protein. The laettuce in the salad doesn't give you much fiber or nutrients. If you added other veggies, that'll help, but how about adding them in at breakfast and snacks? What about red pepper slices and hummus or SBD friendly dressing? Celery with laughing cow cheese? Spinach, mushrooms, onions, peppers, etc on your eggs? Cottage cheese with tomatoes for snack?

You can do this! Day three is the hardest, IMHO, but just think of it a major battle with YOU the winner! Once you make it through Day three, it'll get easier...truly!!!

Also, you might want to stay away from foods from take out places until you get through Phase 1. There might be sugar in the chicken (I know...diabolical...but they throw it in some chicken strips), in the dressing, etc. Just be careful.

I know your pain, girl...I've gone through it four times now (Phase 1 and three times of inadvertent eating of sugar ) and it sucks! But you can do it, and you will not believe how much better you will feel! Cravings will leave, you will feel energy, joy, and freedom from sugar. It's awesome!
Old 11-03-2004, 05:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Lauren-

I feel your pain ! I'm back (yet again) on day 3 of P1 after a weekend of eating not near as good as I should! I've got the headache thing going and feel like I'm hungry even though I'm not. I know it gets better though and that's what's getting me through! I've also done a lot more exercise this week and am trying to add enough protein and carbs. I had a really good lunch that I made last night. I'll go post the recipe in the recipe section. It's Chicken Divan which I LOVE! It's my favorite way to eat a lot of broccoli and I make enough to last me for lunches throughout the week.

It'll get better.....just stick with it!!! Also try to drink as much water as you can! That'll help with the hunger pains!
Old 11-03-2004, 07:01 PM   #4  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Consider adding spinach and red peppers to your eggs in the morning. Instead of string cheese, consider cutting up an entire zucchini and having it with hummus.

Adding fiberous vegetables to your Phase I will make you feel fuller longer.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:11 PM   #5  

I feel your pain. However, it will pass. I think Day 3 (which was last week for me) I was drained with a major headache. My friends in work told me I was going through sugar withdrawal. It is worth it. Stick with it and listen to the advice of these wonderful ladies. This is where I came last week to get a over the hump. I am now just 10-1/2 pounds down and feeling really great.

Check out the recipes section. Yummy.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:39 PM   #6  
RNMOM

Default Hang on!

I know what you are going through. Having done phase 1 twice, I went through it both times. Day 4-6 were the worst for me.

Hang on, it will pass!!!!!!!!!1
Old 11-04-2004, 08:10 AM   #7  
Trapped Skinny Person

It's day 4 for me today - I haven't experienced any headaches at all yet - almost feel like I am doing something wrong since I don't have the headaches, I did however, feel really tired yesterday and had some major night sweats - don't know if that is diet related or not.

I have really increased my water intake. I'm up to about 64oz a day which I know is still low but much better than I was doing.

And I have celery and cauliflower cut up to eat WHENEVER I want - I haven't been hungry once yet. If I'm hungry I eat - just good stuff.

You really don't have to suffer, up your veggies and water and I bet those headaches will disappear quickly

I actually feel really peppy today - not as tired as usual and I am down 6 lbs of water weight so far

Stick with it- you CAN do it.

Kim
Old 11-04-2004, 08:56 AM   #8  
Tori

S/C/G: 166/153/140

Height: 5'4"

yesterday was my day 3 also and I felt like crap! Tired, ill, etc. I finally went to bed at 8:30 with a horrible headache. This morning I do feel better. I have been following SB very strictly. I don;t think I am eating enough veggies either but today I will try harder in that department as well as drinking more water.

Hang in there! I am!

Tori
Old 11-04-2004, 09:15 AM   #9  

Default Day 5

I made it through day 4 with only a slight headache right before dinner. I am trying to eat more veggies but when I feel the headache coming, I try to eat a little protein. I did seem to have a little more energy last night so that was encouraging. I am sleeping really well at night and that makes me happy. :smu

I haven't really been starving and that makes me wonder if I am doing this right. I am not going to weigh myself until the end of week one but my rings feel looser already so that is a good sign.

Keep up the good work everyone. We can do this!!!!

Toni
Old 11-04-2004, 09:30 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

IMHO - for what it's worth - headaches are from cutting carbs too much. Try adding GOOD carbs to Phase I. Lentils, kidney beans, chickpeas, etc. will help keep you from going into ketosis which is to be avoided on this plan.
Water! Water! Water! to flush out toxins!
Old 11-04-2004, 11:59 AM   #11  

Lauren,
I had the headaches too.. most of the week. And I would have killed for a piece of bread. I switched my one cup of decaf coffee back to regular and that helped me. (even though I know it's not recommended.)
..Make sure you are eating enough of the good things...Oh...Did I really say that on a DIET???? But I made that mistake too...starving the first couple days.... I was defeating myself... I felt so tired and sluggish... I think it was telling my body to slow the metabolism even more.

The vegetables and water, water, water really help. Keep the faith...This is exploring what balance YOUR body needs to be healthy. It gets easier in the second week.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:33 PM   #12  
A Lily from my yard!

Cheri... You can have up to 2 cups of caff coffee a day. Only after the first 2 should you switch to decaff.
Toni... You definatly should not be starving with this woe. I sleep alot better myself when I am faithful to the beach!
Y'all are all doin great! Keep it up!
Old 11-04-2004, 03:41 PM   #13  

I didn't catch the part about being allowed 2 cups of coffee....
Thanks. The morning just got a little brighter.
The only "me" time I seem to be able to squeeze out of the day is that in bed with a cup and a book every morning. Now it can last a little bit longer..LOL..
Old 11-04-2004, 04:00 PM   #14  

Smile

Thanks for everyone's words of encouragement and advice!! I definitely need more veggies each day and have to remember to drink tons of WATER !!! (I kind of forgot about drinking a lot of water yesterday)

For dinner that evening, I had 1/4 cup of cream of crab soup and 2 cups of green beans w/ shredded parm cheese! (that was really a lot of green beans piled on my plate!) I was hungry later, so I had a fusgesicle and some SF jell-O.

I'll keep you posted about how the rest of this REALLY DIFFICULT Phase 1 goes!

Lauren

PS: I would KILL for a cupcake right now (some evil person had them at work today!)

Last edited by laurlaur; 11-04-2004 at 04:04 PM.
Closed Thread