South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 05:19 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Wednesday Beach Chat

This time change thing has got to go. The entire family went to bed at 6:30 last night.
We don't talk politics in here, but I would just like to say, "Good GRIEF!"

I'm heading off the gym this morning. Second day in a row for me after a long, dry spell. And no, I'm not enjoying it. I'd give anything for a metabolism that allows me to be thin while lounging about all day eating bonbons.

Ruth, it's supposed to snow this week.

No wonder I've given up posting early. I'm really cranky. Sorry about that, girls... I hope everyone has a wonderful, OP day! Love and hugs to all...
Old 11-03-2004, 05:48 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Ellis. The time change has me up around 4:30 again! Lucy's bladder is still on DST too!

Don't say the "S" word in here for a while, please. I still have lots of bulbs to plant if it stops raining for a while. The woodstove is glowing away this morning and it feels cold enough for snow but please wait!

Well, the leading man did not show again for rehearsal last night! Luckily I was to go in later and the Director called eightish to tell me not to bother. I expect to hear from her later this morning about whether she is pulling the plug on the show. This guy is a real idiot and is going to look like a real hole. He will never be cast in another play again! Thanks for wasting my time, peckerhead! (Can I say that in here or will that ***** of a censor get me?)

The painters don't come back until this afternoon. Bill has a new helper - his 20 year old grand daughter who complains "It's so hard to do" all the time. They did get the wallpaper backing off yesterday and the walls scrubbed down ready for painting. I predict a kitchen in a mess until Friday at least! Things always take so much longer in the country because people are so laid back. It's also Huntin' Week which affects everyone.

Happy Hump Day to all! I think I'll get another coffee and go watch Lucy sleep on the couch.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:38 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

I agree with Ellis on this Daylight Savings Time thing...I've yet to see where it saves time anywhere. It just confuses the **** out of people twice a year. Let's just pick a time and stick with it, shall we?

Went to my knitting group last night, but didn't get much knitting done. The lights were dimmed (ambiance???) more than usual so my poor tired eyes couldn't see squat. So, I ate a piece of rotisserie chicken, a piece of whole grain bread and sipped on some decaf coffee, and chatted. It was a nice evening even if my needles were idle.

While you poor ladies up in the north are supposed to get the "S" word, we're looking at rain today. It started yesterday. Just a warm mist, but by last night it was a full on thunderstorm. The ivy that's threating to engulf my house will like that.

Well, time to get ready for work. Hope you all have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 11-03-2004, 07:21 AM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning Chickies!
Ellis... I'm with you on the bonbons! teehee
Ruth... What a goob! Why sign up if your not gonna show up! UGH! All that work for nuttin'! Well I hope your kitchen is ready by Friday.
Mamacita... Rain here as well. It's been in the 80's but the high tomorrow is 58! BURRR! Sorry your needles had to sit but i hope you still got to relax a little.
As for me... Not much on my list. I have to get laundry done and get everything in place. I have company coming on Fri. It has been a good OP week so far! Lots of veggie stir fries. YUM! I'll check on y'all chicks later.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:55 AM   #5  

Good morning ladies!!!!!

Ellis: I think that we could safely say there is no woman that would not give many things for a high metabolism. Hahahaha, can you imagine the food we could enjoy with no guilt or thigh expansion!! In a perfect world.

Ruth: You are too funny the way you express your frustration. But that is just ridiculous about the leading man. Don't you just wonder how some people make it through life behaving that way.

Mamacita: I live in Boston and we too are expecting rain. I know that everyone complains about the winter but I just love my seasons. Fresh snow can be so beautiful.

Bamiegirl: Awesome job on staying OP. Enjoy your company!

As for me, well I think that I have done it. I think that I have regrouped and can actually do this Phase I thing. I'm only on Day 3 but I just feel differently about it. There is a cake on the counter at work and I have walked by it without even picking, which I always do and think bc it wasn't a piece it's not cheating. I think that I finally have a control of my willpower and can do this. My next weigh in is Nov. 12th (a week from friday) and I am three lbs from my goal. Maybe I will even go past it!!! I have an OP day planned and believe I can do it. Just one day at a time, right? So have a great OP day ladies and I'll be reporting back soon.

Alli
Old 11-03-2004, 07:57 AM   #6  
Palm tree/Beach fanatic

Morning Ladies. I'm with Ellis, I'm also cranky. It's hard not to be after waiting in line to vote with a four year old for two hours. Anyway, I somehow managed to stay OP even thought thoughs of off plan foods danced through my head all day. Ruth, that man sounds like a real twit! Mama sorry you didn't get any knitting done, but hopefully you enjoyed the relaxation. Don't work too hard Baumie! Have a great day ladies!
Old 11-03-2004, 08:00 AM   #7  
A Lily from my yard!

Alli... Glad to see your back in it! You go girl!
Under a palm... Oh my a 4 yr old in those lines! I guess you have a SM on your chest for Super Mom! I saw lots of mother's bringin their lil ones and thought that is dedication! Way to go Mom's!

Last edited by Bamiegurl; 11-03-2004 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:13 AM   #8  
Trapped Skinny Person

Morning ladies

Day 3 on the beach for me - man don't I wish that were true ahhhhh the beach....ok back to reality.

So far so good - no cheats - no major cravings.
Making lunch is a hassle though

I am getting tired of eggs and salads already - I want something warm for lunch - anyone have any good meat & veggie casserole type dishes? (No egg dishes as I do those for breakfast) Something I can make a whole batch of and then just eat for lunch all week? Any ideas would be appreciated.

I too went to bed early last night - was going to ask if fatigue was a symptom of sugar withdrawl, but the time change could have somethng to do with it too.

And don't anyone dare mention the "S" word.
I'm currently working in an office that is VERY warm so that I have to wear short sleeved summer type blouses, but I take the bus to work so I have to put on a sweater under my fall coat so that I don't freeze on the long walk from the bus to work. *sigh* I don't even want to think about that walk during the "S".

Ok I suppose I should get back to work now - things are VERY slow here right now - add that to the heat in here and it makes for a VERY long day.

Thanks for letting me join in.

Kim
Old 11-03-2004, 08:14 AM   #9  
Tori

S/C/G: 166/153/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all..I am starting on day 2 of P1. So far so good. I even fixed pan fried potatoes for family and didn't eat one..they looked so good.

I am still a slave to the scale...couldn't resist stepping on before I got in the shower..so far 3 lbs gone and it is that TOM. I guess I need the motivation. However, I am only going to chart once a week tho.

I did exercise again last night - yoga for toning because I definitely need tone LOL. Mostly targeting my stomach muscles which at this point seem to be nonexistant.

Keep up the good work everyone and have a great day!

Tori
Old 11-03-2004, 08:51 AM   #10  
cac

I can't believe i am up. I got 2 1/2 hours sleep last night. I won't say anything about politics, but I am in shock.

cac
Old 11-03-2004, 08:57 AM   #11  

Morning to all.....
I am on my 11th day of SB.....and happy with myself....cravings are much less.
But I have to say I am looking foward to Phase 2.
I can do this.
I lost 60 something pounds on WW...and have gained about 30 back and feel awful. My cholestrol and trig....and blood pressure just go crazy - when I eat crazy.
I am in control right now on SB and that makes me feel good.
Need to get rid of those almonds though for snack. Eat too many.
Have a greyt day....(greyhound talk)
Coolmom
Old 11-03-2004, 09:20 AM   #12  

Default Day 4

Made it through day 3 !!! Not really having any cravings yet but I do agree that lunches are hard. Any suggestions for lunch besides salad would be appreciated. I am trying hard not to get on the scales until the end of week one. Hope I can make it.

Everyone seems to be doing great. Let's all keep up the good work.
Toni
Old 11-03-2004, 09:29 AM   #13  

Good morning, everyone! All of you are doing so well! For lunches I almost always have leftovers. I bring an insulated lunch sack with an ice pack and we have a microwave in the cafeteria so I can heat it up. I LOVE chili and soups with lots of vegetables. Take a look at the recipe section and see if you can find something you like. There was a Quick and Easy Chicken Soup that I ate quite often in phase 1 and still eat occasionally. You can change how spicy it is based on the type of Rotel you use. I make sure the soup has lots of veggies and if I am bringing something that doesn't have a lot, I buy a veggie from the cafeteria (if they have something that isn't fried or soaked in butter). For snacks, I live raw cauliflower or zucchini or raw red pepper strips with hummus. I even dipped veggies in peanut butter one time when I ran out of hummus. Good but you really have to watch your portions.

Coolmom - just so you know, I'm off two of my blood pressure medicines and my doc expects to take me off the third next time I see her. She was going to put me on cholesterol medicine when I went on South Beach. She never talks about that any more.

Me- The Cub Scout meeting was fun last night. I sent all my leftover cupcakes home with the mom whose son ate 3 of my cupcakes! I told her that if I took them home they would get thrown out since we wouldn't eat them. I actually would have probably eaten some if I took them home so this way I don't need to worry. I did eat one bite of a cupcake last night at the party but I threw the rest away. And we made sure all the boys had milk and 100% apple juice to drink. They are never to young to eat healthy either (especially while eating cupcakes and cookies )
Old 11-03-2004, 09:40 AM   #14  

Wink Barb....

Thanks for the info about the BP meds.....
I am what I eat for sure....and I know when I get down to my goal weight.
hopefully i'll throw away the avapro also.
SYNTHROID forever though!
CML
Old 11-03-2004, 09:53 AM   #15  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning all!

I promised myself I wasn't going to watch TV last night and guess what? I watched TV last night! I finally went to bed at about 10:30 because I could see this was going to be a long night. Got up at 3 to pee and checked the TV - it still wasn't over. Got up at 5:30 - still not over. But at least the commercials are OVER!

I did a very OP plan yesterday but ate some pistachios watching TV. This overnight slaw in the morning with breakfast is working like champ for me. I'm getting tons of veggies and if they are sweet - I don't even care if I'm eating a bowl of them in the am. Has anyone tried the Chayote Salad from the cookbook? Very low in carbs - listed as a phase 2 recipe. I'm making it tonight to see if I can add that in the morning too. Same kind of concept - apple cider vinegar etc. Let me know.

I'll bet there are a lot of tired chickies out there this am. Try to stay OP no matter how you feel about politics.

PS - I totally support the censorship yesterday. I don't even care who the candidate was. The posted rules could not have been more clear to anyone. This has to remain a nurturing environment. Moderators - you rock!
Closed Thread