South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 06:09 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wednesday on The Beach

Happy hump day, chickies. I'm just getting us started up.

The Girls are demanding breakfast and are going to have to eat "store-bought" as I forgot to thaw their nummy barf diet! The dump stuff has to be hauled to the road and I need to clean out my car bigtime as today is the day I start picking up school entries for the Fair.

Procrastination will get me every time! I've been getting out summer clothes and cramming them into my closet without putting away winter ones. Yesterday the darn rod fell off. that got my attention! I have to do something about that today.

Hersh and I go to her Clinic job at noon so the day is as crammed as my closet. I hope the closet rod of the day doesn't bop me on the head when it falls!

I'll try to pop back in. In the meantime, play nicely.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:21 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Ruth, you constantly amaze me with the amount of chores you manage to get done every day. I'm doing good if I get both shoes on and and brush my teeth before I run out the door.

The girls (Pester Ann and Sunni) are starting their second day on restricted rations. I believe they think we're punishing them for something. Poor babies. So, now instead of nibbling all day long on a big bowl of kibble, they eat separately and get pre-measured portions in the morning and evening. Anything not eaten in an hour gets put away for the next meal.

We've been getting afternoon and evening T storms. So, no gardening for me.

Well, time to get my shower. I'll try to pop back on before I fly out the door.

Everyone have a great Beach day and don't get sand in your bathing suit!

Mamacita
Old 06-23-2004, 06:36 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Ruthie my you are an early bird this morning, good morning to the rest of you chickies to follow. I figured I would get on the computer before my dd gets out of bed then maybe I would have a shot to get on it. Who was it the other day that said they were ending thier affair wtih the unfaithful Well I am also ending my affair but is with Mr Junk, oh he is so sweet and his skin is so dark and creamy and I will ocassionally sneak out to see Mr Lay with his crunchie attitude I still find myself going back for just one more,and Mr French Vanillia who is tall dark and sweet,had me hooked like a junkie and I kept saying just one more time. Well today when I met with Mr Scales I just step right up to him and jumped on him begging him for forgiveness well he was not very happy with me when he read the numbers that I had to explain. I can't say that I feel any better after confessing my sins I am feeling shame. I hope Mr Scales and you chickies can forgive me. I am starting fresh today I really do want to be faithfull to just one.( ps I thiking that I should see one on the side. He is Mr Beach and I hear that he see alot of differnt people, And does great things to your body..... I know I said that I would not see anyone else but Mr Scales but I do need to lighten the load on his heart mmmmmmmmmm what to do?) Well chicks that is my wacky wedendsay tale...... Sorry I am feeling a littel today. Hope you all have a HAPPY HUMP DAY
Old 06-23-2004, 06:43 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

Morning Mamacita you sneaked in while I was posting.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:29 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Little Chick, you kill me.

Ruth, I THOUGHT I heard an angry scream coming from Delta yesterday!

Mamacita, it's been storming here, too. I've had my clothes on the line for four days now. They're well rinsed, anyhow. And the sun is out this morning...

I'm on my way to Mom and Dad's to clear out more stuff and do some packing. Dad was feeling so well on Saturday that he took his car out (first time in about a month!) and picked up a set of golf clubs for my DD. I don't know how I'm supposed to teach her how to play after Dad's gone when I've never even played myself!

Enjoy your day, all... and stay/get OP!! (do as I say, not as I do)
Old 06-23-2004, 08:45 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

Hugs to you Ellis. Good for you Dad taking out the car. My dad loves golf as well I have myself have never learned to play, but when my dad was home last summer he took my youngest dd to the driving range and now has her hooked. I wish that I could play. Have a great day. Ps. I would send you girls some pictures of my affairs but I would not want you guys drooling all over your computers.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:34 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Speaking of drooling....who is that guy on the front cover of Vanity Fair? I nearly got kicked out of Loblaws yesterday for salivating and moaning!
Old 06-23-2004, 09:36 AM   #8  
Conquering with SBD

Morning, everyone,

Just thought I would pop in to say hi...on hump day.

Little chick, your explanation of junk food is great. I feel the same way...just have to give up all those little snacks that don't contribute to the end goal. It's so very hard, though.

I do have one question here... I started on Phase II on Monday by deciding to add 1 serving of carbs each day. The first day I ate a sandwich. Yesterday I had a small serving of whole wheat spaghetti for supper. When I weighed myself this morning, I had gained 1/2 pound. Is there something that I am doing wrong? I thought that I should still be losing, but instead have started to gain again. I am really worried about that.

Hope everyone has a great day. Take care.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:37 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Well, I guess we weren't speaking of drooling. It IS hump day, however, and Little Chick started it with the sordid details of her affairs! I thought Maritimers were reticent.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:55 AM   #10  

Good Morning!

Ellis It is so good to hear that your dad is feeling well! Does your DH golf?

LC Your story cracked me up! It is so hard to get back on track sometimes. You can DO it! One day at a time...

Sweet Tooth I don't think you are doing anything wrong. Bear in mind how much the scale fluctuates. I would give it some more time. Being patient sucks though! Sending good vibes your way!

Ruth Make sure you stop and take a breath for yourself today!!

We are down to our 10 day countdown until we leave for our vacation. I am so excited! A large portin of my family lives in Ohio and the drive down to the Outer Banks, NC every summer and rent beach houses. (two adjacent ones). We will fly out on the 3rd and come back on the 11th. We have the absolute BEST time and I will be meeting by 8 month old niece for the first time! Too fun! Lots of good eating and even more drinking, but my goal is to do everything in moderation.

Not much on our agenda today- it has been getting quite hot in the afternoons here, so I don't like to have DD out in the heat. Toy R Us is doing some craft thingie every Wednesday, so we are going to go check that out. (It is FREE, even better!!) I also promised her a tea party today- .

Have a super Hump Day and behave!!
Old 06-23-2004, 10:29 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Good morning, Ladies! Well, the scale is obviously trying to get back into my good graces, or he is just luring me in so he can drop me again. Weighed 285 twice, then 286 the last time. *sigh* I haven't been with anyone else and he still makes me feel guilty! Sheesh, who needs soap operas around here!

Ruth, you never stop! How you manage is beyond me! Hope that you can get the clothes rod all fixed up. Whoever had my closet before me did a great job by installing a second rod behind the first (it's in the sloping section of the roof, so very deep and not very tall). I just put the off season clothes on that rod and keep the in season clothes in front. Works like a charm, until I have to tunnel through the clothes to get the shelves in the back, which was not a good design idea! Maybe the previous owner was a Liliputian? Ruth, I don't know who that drool-worthy guy was, but I'm shocked and appalled by your behavior! And in Loblaws, no less...that paragon of ladylike behavior! You are the best, Ruth!

Mamacita, I am so with you on the getting very little done on the way out the door. I am lucky to get clothes on straight, remember underwear for my change of clothes at the gym, and remember my gallon of water, let alone do all the cool stuff Ruth does! Love the sand in the bathing suit comment! Hope the puplets do well on the new diet. Will the vet let you give them carrots? Unfortunately, our dog has no interest in them, but my MIL gives her dogs carrots as treats, and they go wild for them! Though they have a high sugar content, it doesn't seem to add on the pounds in dogs. She used the baby carrots and snaps them in half, giving a half to each dog. Wonder if you could use those to reward them and let them know that they are still loved! I'm wondering if I should try the "leave it an hour and take it away" method with Lady, our dog. She is leaving huge amounts of food in her bowl, though every so often, she eats. I know she likes her food...if we put it in her buster cube, she eats it all, but I do not want her training us to put all her food in the cube every day. I just don't have time for that. But I do want her eating...she is looking thin. Hmmm.

Little Chick, for getting back on the wagon and doing a flamenco dance away from your former lovers! I loved your story!

Ellis, I always wondered what people do when they have clothes on the line and it rains. They're definitely going to have that "rain fresh scent"! So glad your dad was able to get out and about. How's he doing now? Are you wearing one of you many brand new (to you) outfits?

Sweet Tooth, that *is* perplexing. What did you use for your sandwich? Did you check to make sure the carbs you are using are truly Whole Wheat and not enriched whole wheat or just wheat? That might have something to do with it. Also, is everything else exactly the same or are you drinking less water, exercising less, etc? I would give it a day or two more and see how it levels out. Could just be something else entirely. Can't assume it's the carbs until you give it a bit more time, as frustrating as that is.

It's a lovely day out, and I'm looking forward to an evening off. Normally I'd do my yoga/pilates video tonight, but I'm going to push it off to Saturday on the advice of Michelle and others in the Exercise forum. It's a bit much to combine with Jazzercise tomorrow on my legs...no time for them to rest. So maybe I'll do a little quilting or clean something up in the house...

Had a Broccoli and Chicken stirfry with soba noodles last night. It was fantastic! I'll post the Cooking Light recipe in the Phase 1 Entrees section. Very good! I'm hoping that Soba (buckwheat) noodles are OP...sound like it. The ones I had were made with yams as well. Interesting! I'm making a chicken salad for lunch and then we're having the almond dijon chicken along with couscous and salad (maybe green beans if I feel like it) tonight for dinner. Easy and yummy!

Got two more charms for my last 8 pounds lost, a sillouhette of a mother lifting up her child and a baby carriage with a movable hood. I'm going to the jewelers at lunch to get them put on my bracelet. So excited!

Have a wonderful day on the beach, ladies...stay away from tall, dark, creamy strangers!
Old 06-23-2004, 12:01 PM   #12  
I found my hipbones!

Morning, chickies--

Trying to enjoy the quiet today while it lasts, as my office mate returns tomorrow. She's a nice lady, but LORDY, can she talk!

The scale was not my friend this morning. Didn't budge at all from last week's weight, though, it is TOM. Just a little disappointed b/c the last couple months I've been able to lose in spite of it; think it had me spoiled. Plus this means I need to lose 3 more by next Wednesday to meet the monthly goal... Maybe I'll try to get in a little bike riding before the 30th. I've been slacking a little with the exercise.

We had the beef kabobs with peanut sauce for dinner last night. Pretty good, but I think I'm gonna cut out some of the sugar substitute in the peanut sauce next time cuz the sweetness was a bit too much for me. Too much splenda just leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. The marinade for the steak, however, is absolutely yummy.

Have a wonderful day, girls!
Old 06-23-2004, 12:02 PM   #13  
Ready to Change

Hey Beachgal your charm sounds so lovely. I think I need to get a braclet. Do they make chocolate bar charms or ones that look like a bag of chips or a Tim Horton's French Vanillia? Well chicks I just had to brag a little. Since it has only been a matter of hours since I have given up on my cheating ways. ( Don't let all those back assward commets about us martimers fool you Ruthie we even have 2 ply toilet paper in the outhouses now. ) I was tempted again by the tall dark and sweet Mr Chocolate Cake. He arrived here in time for dessert with the wee ones. I almost sampled some of his fine morsels that he was trying to sweet talk me with. But I stayed strong and had some Chilli lightly sprinkled with Parm cheese and an apple. God it feels good to be strong. But really I am hoping by posting this then I won't be tempted with the left overs. Ruthie if you keep putting the rod back up that could be considered your exercise for the day. Check in later. I am going to try to come as often as I can so I can regain back some of my strength and cleanse my chocolate coverd soul.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:37 PM   #14  

Good work, little chick, at avoiding temptation! Maybe you can shove the leftovers out of sight so you can feed them to your kids but not look at them all the time. That is what I do with my son's Thin Mints. This is the latest we have EVER still had Girl Scout cookie's left, usually I eat them up quickly
Old 06-23-2004, 01:02 PM   #15  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Good going, LC!!!

You keep telling Mr. Cake "No, way, Jose!" (we are on a first name basis, unfortunately)

Crazy enough, but they have every charm imaginable...check this out: http://www.moonlightcharms.com/ (they have a chocolate bar, even a coffee bean and french fries, but I didn't see chips there. Know I've seen them somewhere. You could actually make an SBD bracelet with lots of fruits and veggies and such. )
Closed Thread