Old 06-10-2004, 03:33 PM   #1  

Default A Little Confused

I started Adkins Induction on the 4th. It gave a list of acceptable foods in the book and said to stick to them strictly. Now I am reading the Atkins website and they list all kinds of things like lowcarb bagles and Waffles and then they say thay are OK for induction. So now I am confused can I use these in my 20 grams a day or not?

Hope someone can clear this up.

Thanks
DeWanna
DeWanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 03:48 PM   #2  
Head Princess

Hi DeWanna - Confusing, isn't it? Here are the basic conclusions I've come to:

1. There is Atkins the eating plan and Atkins the corporation. One is there to help you lose weight and get healthy, the other is there to make money off you. Do not confuse these two.

2. Keeping #1 in mind, there are also two different 'inductions'. The first one is the 2 weeks where you stick strictly to the list given by the book. The second one is after that where you can have other things, but still stay under 20 grams of carbs.

3. I warn everyone about relying on 'frankenfoods'. If you do that, you're defeating the purpose of this way of eating and you fall into the same fad trap that was created when low-fat became popular. Just eating low carb will not make you lose weight. It's about eating the right low carb foods, exercising, and eating the right amount of calories.

There's my 2 cents
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 03:54 PM   #3  

Ok... I thought that might be the case. Thanks you for confirming it.

Hey congrats on the 69 and I hope the next 11 slide right off for you.

Thanks again
DeWanna
DeWanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 04:03 PM   #4  
Head Princess

Thanks!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 03:12 PM   #5  
Baby Steps

I still get caught up in the confusion. I always liked the "2 types of induction" rule myself. It allows a little more leeway. Of course, if I actually counted my carbs I'd probably be surprised. lol. Most often I'm strict w/what I'm eating and it's below 10. But lately? Dang LC ice cream!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote