Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-28-2015, 05:08 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat December 28 - January 3

It was a splendid week - I got to try a hoverboard. It's probably about as difficult as learning to ride a bicycle, but no more. Initially I spun around a bit until I realized that any uncertainty in my stance was being interpreted as a request to spin. It begins to feel as if you just 'think' about what you want it to do and it does it. The ten year old boy hopped on and just did it naturally.

I'm ready for holiday foods to be gone.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:28 AM   #2  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

It's so mild I'm about to go out and clear up a few things in the garden.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Bill !!!

Birchie how lovely to do that in December in Wales.

We apparently ARE getting winter here tonite - ice pellets, freezing rain, snow - but it's only going to last the night. DH and I have tickets to a movie and we're going to try to go, hoping the storm starts after we get back home.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 08:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/149.6/115

Height: 5.0

I am not a "maintainer" yet, but I dream of the day that I will be! I continue to stay motivated and looking at the chats from people who have gotten there is inspiring! Thank you and Best, Tee
Tee4Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!

We went to see Star Wars on Christmas day and saw several people on hoverboards at the outdoor shopping center where the theater is. They look like fun but I think they'll grow old quickly for the user.

We're having a cold snap here. I fear for my vegetable garden, which isn't doing too well this year anyway.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Good morning and welcome Tee!

They just had another story on the news about all of the hospital visits by hover board users... Between the fires and the injuries.... No thanks!

Excited to be starting week two of my time off. House looks like a total disaster but enjoying having my girls home.

Weight is good. Trying to stay focused. Getting exercise in but haven't gone to yoga due to my new tattoo. I was advised not to do bikram for a week which will be tomorrow. Hopefully I'll go tomorrow.

Dh is going in to work today. I'll drop him off and go to the gym. Younger dd is working and older dd has a horrible headache so I'm not sure what else will get done today.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 01:02 PM   #7  
Workin' It

I know two people who had fires from hoverboards, we are avoiding them in our house. Plus, we aren't very coordinated. High five on staying up on one, Bill!

Back at work, alone in the office as everyone else is off today or on the road, busy as heck but really don't want to be here. It is hard to stay motivated to not leave early when it is just me, even with the huge to do list.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 06:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Back to work today. SIGH. I used to love what I do. Not so much now. I'm starting a 16-day long pet sit and I really don't want to be away from home for that long. But this is a client who's been with me for 20 years and who I bill for about 25% of my yearly income.

So I will pack my bag and head out this morning. The dogs are being dropped off - client didn't force me to start right after Christmas which is when they left for Argentina - this morning at 11 and I will be there to receive them.

Dagmar (winter has finally arrived in Toronto - high temp tomorrow is minus 11)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 12:17 PM   #9  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Happy New Year! I'm not sad to see 2015 go. Spent too much time thinking and too little time doing. I want 2016 to include a new job, a stronger body, and a rejuvenated intellect (Farm Heroes, I love ya - but the person I want to be doesn't play with you as much).

This week is for undoing the holiday decorations, purging out the holiday foodstuffs, and general preparations for getting the year off on a good foot.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote