Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-27-2014, 11:44 PM   #1  
Once + Future Skinny B***

S/C/G: 195/148.6/115

Height: 5'3

Default 1/4 of the Way to Goal!

I debated whether I should consider this a mini-goal; I've been insanely sick since last Wednesday (on top of TOM from ****), and today is the first day I finally felt better, so I didn't really eat much for the last six days. However, despite how sick I was, I a) forced myself to eat as much as I could, when I could, and b) while I didn't count my calories or log my food, I did actively make healthy choices, focused on fruits and vegetables, and avoided junk - not to lose weight, but to help my body recover faster.

Today was the first time I weighed myself since getting sick, and I lost 5.5 pounds in that week. To date, that means I've lost just over 20 pounds - 25% of my weight loss goal! I know 3-4 of those pounds don't "count," since I didn't actively try to lose them, but I've been struggling to see any changes for a week or two prior to getting sick. I was starting to get frustrated and lose faith, and for a brief moment considered throwing in the towel - I'll admit, it was a huge motivation to see my weight drop so low this morning. The cherry on top was, for the first time since starting this journey, I can actually see the weight loss. My face is obviously thinner, my favorite halter top was literally falling off of me and my skinny jeans look saggy and markedly un-skinny. And the pooch leftover from being pregnant that I was beginning to think was loose skin, has actually flattened out!

So while I didn't "earn" those last few pounds, it really has relit the fire. Instead of feeling defeated and thinking I would never see the progress the scale was reflecting, I feel inspired and empowered. I gave myself the day off from the gym, because I'm still a little sick, but now I'm ready to get back to work and knock out the next 20 pounds!
futureformerfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Way to go!!! BTW, every pound counts, whether you feel like you've earned them or not!
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Big congratulations on your progress. every lb counts and worth the celebration.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/142/130

Congratulation it shows that you have control.
Michou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:55 AM   #5  
Once + Future Skinny B***

S/C/G: 195/148.6/115

Height: 5'3

Aww, thank you I was anticipating I'd gain a couple pounds back now that I'm feeling better, but I haven't, so I suppose I it's genuine weight loss and not dehydration!
futureformerfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/242/150

Height: 5'8"

Congrats.
momcandoit_2014 is offline   Reply With Quote