Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-19-2014, 02:09 PM   #1  

Default Sleeve Gastrectomy

[SIZE="7"]Hi everyone. I'm new here. Thought I'd stop by for a little inspirational chat to give to you. I almost weighed 500 lbs. Now just a few months later, I'm down to almost 400! After surgery I lost 33 pounds in the first 2 weeks!!! It's really amazing. LIfe's been a journey for me but I'm making it and learning new things everyday. I don't have to worry anymore. I joined a support group. I'm doing ok. ANd I know everything will work out. Please feel free to reply. Thanks, Jennifer[/SIZE]
sweetjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

well congratulations! nice to see you!!!! no matter which surgery a person has, it's ALWAYS an adventure... how did you choose your surgeon? and what hoops did you have to jump through? some people have to lose weight before, others don't. I weighed more than 500 pounds at my highest, and the table has a max capacity of 500 [and that includes all the equipment].

are there any food items you've had trouble with since your surgery? how did you handle it?

so glad you found our little corner...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:30 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Welcome, sweetjen. Congrats on your loss so far. I had the sleeve surgery in January, and it's the best thing I've ever done for myself! I'm wishing you continued success, and I hope you keep posting in this forum.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

hi I just had a sleeve done on Tuesday, so its great to hear some encouragement and positive reports from others
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Congratulations on your amazing loss. I was sleeved on May 26th and today am down 22 pounds.

I'm struggling through my journey, but have no regrets
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

I was sleeved February 28. Like Jane said, it was the best thing I have done for myself. It's not always easy-- but worth it!!!! Most of the time your mind wants to play w you.... But once you plant your feet you make it much easier!!!!

Good luck to you all!!

Tammy
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote