View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 11:06 AM   #10
65X65

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr1973 View Post
Yesterday was a really good day, satiation-wise. I'm wondering if others have had the same experience with starting their day using 1 whole hard boiled egg and 2 hard boiled egg whites? I cannot tell you the difference I felt between that and having a Syntrax drink (not shake).

I'm experimenting this weekend with breakfast choices - today I did the ProtiDiet Maple Brown Sugar with a 1/2 cup boiling water and ate it with a fork - took longer, but I'd have swallowed it in three scoops of a spoon!

Anyone else trying to figure out what foods work best for the am? Any suggestions as to what you have found keeps you going until lunch?
The B to L stretch was the worst for me. However,once I began exercising daily (at about the third month mark) I delayed eating/ drinking a shake until after that. That arrangement of the AM actually worked BETTER for me.

Hot coffe or tea first thing was enough...and I was not hungry immediately after exercise. What I needed then was water.. (And could get 32 ounces down before that IP shake. Drink 16+ oz in the car on the way home from the gym) Wanted my shower next, and THEN relaxed and enjoyed my morning IP shake. By then some respectable time had been used up and the shorter span til the lunch time salad was VERY managable . We eat dinner late. Close to 7 or later most nights so it allowed me to shift my entire eating pattern to times and stretches that worked much better with our life. I ate Protein meals every 4 hrs. Had snack about two or two and a half hrs after dinner and about an hour to an hour and a half before bed. If dinner was going to be terribly late on occasion...I'd do snack before dinner and the dinner meal was last. That usually happened if we had plans that included dinner out.

It's best if snack is last in the day..but in reality that does NOT always work for everyone.. day in and day out. But planning is key if you start mixing it up...so think about what you are doing and try to stick to the IP protocol as close as possible. Your body needs protein overnight to refuel properly and keep insulin levels from spiking beyond what can be burned as glycogen and not just turn to fat. Snack in the AM may be overload ...and later in the day you can get pretty hungry too which could make it hard to tough it out.

Being a little hungry and learning to cope is an important skill....and one normal weight people cope with very well..every day. It comes with the territory.

Last edited by 65X65 : 05-17-2014 at 11:07 AM.