View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #41
evemomma
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/129/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Well, I survived my weekend away...barely. It was an extremely busy weekend and then I had the added stress of finding out that a boy that graduated high school with my daughter about 2 years ago committed suicide on Friday. I know the family, but not super well. It's an incredibly sad situation as he has younger siblings (same ages of my other kids and they've played sports together and are in classes together). This boy was incredibly well liked, was funny and the "class clown", but recently suffered from a mental illness. Anyway, I got to be the one to tell my daughter. That was hard. This weekend was different than I expected.

All that to say, I did just okay on following IP. Yes, I cheated and had some dessert at the dessert auction...that was following listening to my daughter cry after telling her and asking why, why, why...over and over again and not being able to give her answers. Not using that as an excuse for eating the dessert, but I was distracted and emotional. Didn't have my head in the game at all, probably was about 90% on plan. Hard to also be in charge of setting out all of the snacks in various rooms...nothing that I could have, by the way.

However, I will say that I did well the rest of the time and it was nice to get so many positive compliments from people that hadn't seen me since I've lost any weight. They helped boost me and their support was helpful.

Onward. Today is a new day. A day of 100% effort towards being 100% on plan.
I'm so sorry your that family's loss or their son and your daughter's friend. I will be traveling soon and KNOW it is going to be a big challenge. Probably doesn't help that I will be with extended family which is an emotional challenge (of goods and bads) all its own! Now you are home and can buckle back in!
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote