Old 04-14-2014, 03:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183.3/183.3/150

Height: 5'7

Default 30 Day Shred and other workout dvds?

Hi Everybody,

I just bought the 3DS dvd today and am hopeful that this will be what i need to kick start my weight loss/help myself begin to tone up. I've read a lot of great stuff about this online but I can't tell how much of it is advertising/hype and how much is actually real. Has anyone tried this (or any other similar dvd workouts) and had success? I would welcome any advice/information/inspiration!
vdh2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/145/119 keto

Height: 5ft2in

Hi there,

I've just restarted 30DS, i only got to level 1 last time but going to get through it all this time around. I know from when I did it i noticed a change in inches rather than weight, this seems to be the case for quite a few people though some do manage to shed pounds. Some people find a small jump in the scales when the start (water retention) i'm not weighing in for a while so I can't tell you if its happening with me.

As to the 20lbs thing, nah dont think so BUT i have to say this is one of the most challenging things i have done (not done a lot to be fair) people who are very fit may not struggle with it as much as i have but it is absolutely worth every single second. You will see a change in your body I think i have only ever sen two posts from people who felt it didn't help them.
Sheena82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 183.3/183.3/150

Height: 5'7

That's great-- I'm dieting at the same time so I'm counting on that to do the heavy lifting with the weight loss, but I want to get toned and build muscle to speed the process up as well, so it sounds like this is the right thing for me right now. I did it this morning before work and it kicked my butt pretty hard-- she's no joke! Really hoping I can will myself to stick with this for the full cycle.
vdh2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:07 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

30DS and the follow-up "Ripped in 30" are both good programs. I've got both. If you give it 100%, they are butt kickers and you will see results if you combine them with proper eating.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/145/119 keto

Height: 5ft2in

It will work! I'm on day 4 and already an inch down on my belly, my bum seems to expand and contract though! You will notice you pick up strength quite quickly, it kills me, I still have to take breaks, push ups and jumping jacks (and everything else) are really hard for me but I'm working on trying to improve a bit everyday. I'm using a mixture of weights as to be honest 5lbs just aint going to happen!
Sheena82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/176/145

Height: 5'8

Day 5 of Ripped in 30 for me and I have already noticed inches gone from my "muffin top". Feel fantastic too!
BrettnLaurynsmommi is offline   Reply With Quote