Old 04-03-2014, 01:13 PM   #1  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Default April Daily Chat

Hope y'all don't mind that I created this. I'm fairly new here, but the March Daily Chat was a nice start...hopefully April's thread will be a bit more active. I'm really looking forward to continuing to connect with folks here!

For April, I am focusing more on strength training and reducing my cardio. I'm also hoping to make it to Onederland this month! Though with strength training, that may be difficult, and that's okay if it takes longer. Bring it on, April!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

hii. thank you nonameslob for making it.
Im focusing on eating healthy overall and getting back to working out 3 times a week consitently.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 258/224/180

Height: 5'2"

I'm pretty new here too

this month, I'm focused on getting to the END of the 5 mile walk it off & tone it up DVD without keeling over. We've (my H & I) been doing it since mid march, and we're going to do it all month to get our cardio and endurance up before we try something else. I'd like to get into the two-teens this month!
constellationmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/163/135

Height: 5'7"

I am another newbie also! I am focusing on working out at least 4 times a week! I already eat pretty healthy but my problem is that I am kind of lazy! I just signed up on this website this past Sunday and I began my "4 times a week" work out plan on Monday. So far its day 4 and I have worked out for 3 of them! I'm starting out at a good pace lets just hope I can stay motivated!
Choko111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:53 AM   #5  

I'm down one lb hoping to loose one more by Monday not sure but as long as I keep the 1lb I'm happy.Im eating at my grandparents again every Saturday this week it's pasta.Im hoping if I eat till I'm full I won't have like 2 or 3 bowls.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:31 PM   #6  
Call me NNS!

I guess this is the newbie thread, then! Very exciting! It sounds like all of you ladies are really focusing on working out - what are you doing as part of your workout routines?

Constellation, what activities are you wanting to do once you feel you're ready to move on from the video? That sounds like it must be fun to have company for those videos and for your journey!

skittles - oh boy, pasta is seriously my weakness!!!! Will there be veggies or any other side dishes you can load up on instead of eating lots of pasta? *drools thinking about mom's meatballs and gravy with pasta, yum*

I'm going to visit some family this weekend, which will probably be good in that I won't be drinking nearly as much as I would if I were home. Bf and I have gotten in a bad habit of partying on the weekends. I cut out alcohol Mon-Thurs (except I did sneak one glass of wine after a bad day at work this week). It's already made a big difference.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:04 PM   #7  

nonameslob its just pasta and texas toast and meat sauce.I do c25k 3 times a week.its my 3rd time restarting it.I gave up drinking for newyears with moderate success.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #8  

i still got my one lb loss.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #9  
Call me NNS!

That's great, skittles! I had some pasta yesterday and thought of you. It was a nice treat but my stomach is regretting some of that meal today lol
Old 04-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 310/290.8/199

Height: 5'7

hey everyone!~ Im new too! whew, just got done walking my 2 dogs and pushing my sons stroller for 30 minutes. yeah... that was fun lol.
mb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 243/seeticker/170

Height: 5'11

Hi all! I'm pretty new too, joined in February when I started my weight loss journey. I love these kinds of accountability threads but sometimes I am bad at keeping up. (Life just gets in the way)

My goal for this month is to complete the 5K I'm doing on April 26th without walking or stopping! I'm currently working on trying to run 1.5-2 miles without stopping. Some days I can do 2 miles, some days I can only do 1.5. The key is consistency though because once you lose that motivation, it's really hard to go through the work again.

Hope everyone has a great day!
paigeinabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:17 PM   #12  
Call me NNS!

Welcome, mb! That seems like tough work. I can't even imagine walking two dogs at once, then you add a stoller? Good for you!

paige, I didn't really think this was an accountability thread, more of just a general 20-somethings weight-loss chat (you'd think I'd know since I made this month's, but I really don't know what it is 'supposed' to be, haha). Anyway, post about whatever you want and no one will get upset if you don't keep up, but happy to have you. Good luck training for your 5k!

I am actually thinking about running, myself. I was at the gym last night on the regular elliptical, and I usually switch back and forth between a lot of the cardio equipment, but never the treadmill. Anyway, that particular elliptical I was using, I didn't feel I was getting a great workout and thought maybe I should try running again. I'd have to get new shoes, but, we'll see! I hate it so much lol
Old 04-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 310/290.8/199

Height: 5'7

A 5k is my goal as well too. We have one on the 4th of July every year. I walked a mile today with the stroller I want to make it to walking a few miles pushing the stroller and then once I make it to that. then start doing the C25K. Right now I cant even walk 3.1 miles.
mb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 243/seeticker/170

Height: 5'11

mb2004I think starting anywhere is such a great thing especially when you have the goal of doing a 5K in mind. I'm trying to get my mom to walk with me in the evenings but she just broke her toe while we were moving this past week so that might be stalled a bit... :/ anyways you can totally do it!! You're already doing so great!

noname Its funny you say that because that is the very reason that I decided to try running instead of exercising on the elliptical. I realized I just wasn't getting an intense enough workout anymore even when I tried different intensities, interval training, and even the cross country program. I just didn't feel like it was working for me anymore. It's hard, but it's mental. Once you've gone .2 miles, you know your body can already do it so why not do the same thing again and push it to .4 of a mile? It's thoughts like those that get me through my runs right now. You should start your workout on the treadmill! It might be the one cardio machine you'll use...
paigeinabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:22 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 264.8 / 220.8 / 140

Height: 5' 5.5"

I am sorry this is really off topic, I just wanted to see what my ticker looked like.
Yes, I am new
cleanslate is offline   Reply With Quote