View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 10:33 AM   #20
dak1lls
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
Dak have you found you gain when eating the carbs the way IP tells us too in maintenance?
Here is what I have found; if I stay away from grains and refined sugars I do not seem to gain. If my carbs are healthier and not mixed with fats I do well and did not notice any gains. As soon as I start eating the refined carbs I start having major cravings and feel like a junky needing a "fix"! Then, I get bloated and constipated and start grazing, looking for a way to satisfy my cravings.

I started eating just about anything I wanted over the last month and noticed I was putting lots of bad stuff in my mouth and my tummy immediately started bloating and I felt like my mid section was getting bigger and I went up 5 lbs. I noticed it in my clothes and put a stop to it. I am back to eating better and I feel much better too. Refined carbs are my enemy. When I want something sweet I make paleo types of baked goods using pure maple syrup, raw honey, coconut sugar, etc...and I don't get the same gains or cravings. I don't know if that is the same for everyone, but it is for me.

Don't look back, you're not going that way!