Old 03-11-2014, 08:29 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default 10 Days In The Life Boat #85

Welcome to the newest segment of 10 Days In The Life Boat.

This is not a "challenge" but a place for accountability to ourselves and support from our fellow rowers. So, what is your plan for this 10 day segment?

Grab an oar and join us doing our best to stay dry in the boat and not fall out.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

I'm pulling myself out of the water to start a new leg.
My goal is to exercise everyday and to eat on plan.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 355.6/see ticker/199.9

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie and I'd love to join you all.

I joined Weight Watchers last night, so my goal is to track my points every day and to be more mindful about my food choices.

Here's to staying dry...

Good luck everyone!
StephanieAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:45 PM   #4  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Welcome, Stephanie!

I did well on the last leg. Cutting back to only my daily points seems to be a formula that's good for me right now, though I'm still reserving judgment until I've kept to this plan for 30 days.

So my goals for this leg of the journey are:

1. Keep to daily points (I'm still going to allow myself 1 weekly point a day, since WW adjusted my dailies down recently and I'm still adjusting to that).
2. Keep aiming for 130 oz. water daily.
3. Exercise daily, with at least 2 Zombies, Run! missions per week.
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:45 PM   #5  

There was improvement over the last leg and I was able to stay dry again yesterday!

My goals for this leg:

I'm going to try to:
1. Say NO to food in the car unless I bring it from home. (This is still a work in progress.)
2. Stay within my WW points and....
3. Not use my extra points for unplanned eating.

Welcome Stephanie! Grab an oar.

Ubee: Grab a warm fluffy towel and hold tight to your oar. No more falling in.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #6  
JazziBelle

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone--welcome Stephanie!

I did pretty well on the last boat. Lost 5.5 lbs actually :O

On this leg, I'm going to keep doing my 1300 cal diet, drinking my water, TRYING for occasional exercise. [baby steps......]

paddle paddle paddle......

PS: I think I will earn my ticker this week, SO excited!
JzBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:28 PM   #7  

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I had a pretty good day today - although it's 8:30pm and I still have 14 WW points left to use... We did a ton of grocery shopping today (including Trader Joe's, which was fun to browse) and got a lot of healthier foods that I am excited to try. We also went to GNC and got some Quest bars which I have heard lots of great things about (4-5ish WW points each).

Vortex: Sounds like you have a good plan in place for yourself. We will be cheering you on! I need to work on my water intake big-time - any tips?

j-ann: Yay for staying dry another day! Great goals.

JzBelle: WTG on the 5.5 lb. loss! That is awesome. What exercises are you doing when you can? I have a hard time doing much beyond some walking right now, but hoping that will change.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:36 AM   #8  

Fell in yesterday but quickly got back in the boat.

Last edited by j-ann; 03-12-2014 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Stephanie!
Great loss Jazzi!
Judy when you are done drying off call the Coast Guard. We have a fat chick overboard!
Angela I have to remember your advice about protein before exercise. I was great until I got the after treadmill eating everything in sight mode going!
On to a new dry day!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:53 AM   #10  

Ubee, Just grab the life ring. We'll pull you back aboard.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:34 AM   #11  
JazziBelle

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone--I got a bit wet yesterday. sigh. I was out all day doing errands and ate half of a chicken salad sandwich for lunch and half a veggie burrito for dinner, but I'm pretty sure that was still over my calorie limit. Could have been much worse I guess.
Back in the boat today though!
Stephanie--I realy just (re)started dieting end of Feb. so right now my focus is staying in a routine of eating healthy within my calorie limit. And drinking as much water as possible.
My tiny bit of exercise at this point is to take the stairs at work, park further away from places I need to be so I have a walk to get there. I'm hoping for one good walk outside this week since I'm on Spring Break but its raining today,so that's not going to happen.

Bonfire on the beach tonight anyone?
JzBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:40 PM   #12  
Vortex

Staying dry here.

Stephanie, the only advice I have on water consumption is count everything that isn't caffeinated, and set a goal that makes sense for you. If you're working on it just because you know you "should," don't push yourself too hard. Personally, I had a bunch of health problems because it turned out I was chronically dehydrated (partly because I consume too much caffeine). So I started cutting off my caffeine at about noon. I make a pot of decaf most evenings and try to drink the whole thing (I drink it black, so no calories involved) and I also let myself drink diet ginger ale and herbal tea, plus a couple glasses of water to take meds each day.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:17 PM   #13  

Thanks Ubee!

Hope everyone is staying dry. I am so far today!

JzBelle: I am also mainly focusing on healthier eating since I just started. Exercise is very uncomfortable for me right now, but I am going to try walking more. I downloaded "The Walk" app and I am excited to try it out, but I didn't wake up early enough today (it gets too hot in AZ to walk during the day!) My problem is that I get bored just walking around the neighborhood, so I am hoping this app will help keep me entertained. Lol. What you are doing sounds great though.

Vortex: Wow. I am glad I asked! I suffer from a lot of health problems too and your post made me do some looking into chronic dehydration (I mainly drink only diet soda for liquids, or that's been my habit in the past) and I have a lot of the "symptoms". I suffer from bad asthma problems and allergies and heartburn, etc. I think it's definitely worth trying to get more WATER into my diet to see if it helps at all. So thank you! You sound like you've got a good thing going. I actually don't mind the taste of plain water (as long as it's ice cold), so I guess I have that going for me.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone!

Last edited by StephanieAZ; 03-12-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:09 AM   #14  

Dry yesterday. Glad we're rowing in warmer waters.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:28 AM   #15  
Vortex

Staying dry here.

Stephanie, If ice water's fine by you, sounds like you could use my aunt's method: fill up two decent-sized water bottles at bed time and pop them in the fridge. Take one with you when you leave the house and drink it while you're out and about; drink the other one when you're at home.