View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 07:59 PM   #161
vachinyc
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Please, please know that you can hang in there! I had the same issue, reached my initial goal, I made the weight but my body fat % was over 35 and they weren't happy. I had 2 cheat days totally off plan at Xmas and NYE and boy was I craving after that! Sweets, crackers, cream cheese. But I decided to push on. It only took 5 lbs for me to get seriously under that 35% and I have to say I love my body more at this weight than the heavier initial goal. You have worked so hard, you CAN do this, look at your success to date. So know that I'm here, supporting you, what ever you do but I know you can push through if it's what you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
You are sure right that "weight is complicated"! No other way to see it.

What struck me in your post was the comment that you feel you are not the size you would expect to be. If you have a mental image of where you want to be as a result of this, then maybe your mind is telling you something - that you are not done yet?

If you are feeling that way, maybe you can find a way to hang in there a little longer - make a little project of researching recipes that you have not tried yet (roasted cabbage?) and planning out another week's menu using those? I would hate for you to stop when part of you is saying you are not there yet.

Good luck with whatever you decide - you have done a great job of losing a lot of weight.
Thanks for the support

I weighed in today and lost more than I expected. I'm in the 150s. What what?!?! I lowered my goal to 155 in my ticker which should put me at a normal bmi. I don't see the clinic folks for a week and a half and we agreed to discuss then and see where I am. I'm hanging tough!

PS also posted a picture rather than an avatar. Photos still make me uncomfortable - I took this to post over a week ago - but I decided to bite the bullet and be brave (for me anyway)

Last edited by vachinyc : 01-22-2014 at 08:01 PM.
vachinyc is offline   Reply With Quote