Thread: IP Daily Chat
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 10:43 AM   #21
schenectady

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/177/160

Height: 5 foot 6

GREAT weekend with a victory for the Seattle Seahawks, but what a nail biter! On to the Superbowl....

I was so nervous and full of energy during the day that I was running around doing painting, cleaning, sorting all day long. My house is 95% immaculate, ready to go on the market January 27.

Our agent, a young guy (OK, I guess they are all young to me!) had suggested that we 'stage' the house. We had already removed 1/2 of the things in the house to make it look good, but since we are empty nesters, almost, we had nothing in the house to suggest children. We did raise our 3 children here over the last 14 years, but there stuff was gone. It is a great family home with bedroom for big and little kids, a huge rec room, water, big back lawn, etc but we never realized in cleaning it up that the house suggested two old folk living in a museum!

So I spent 3 days going around the thrift stores, collecting kids books, baskets, classic kids stuffed animals, toy John Deere tractors, fishing poles (we are on a lake), swim noodles, everything that suggests a busy active family life.

I was tickled pink when the agent came to check the house for the last time before the photographer comes in. He was AMAZED at the staging and seriously suggested I could make a second career as a stager! They do make good money and it is a growing career.

My husband looked at me with a new look....

Last edited by schenectady : 01-20-2014 at 10:45 AM.