Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #1  

Question Binge Eating

Hello Everyone!

For the last 4 months I have been binge eating. Before I started Binge eating, I had lost over 38lbs. I am 5'8 and went from 156 to 118. Now I weigh 138 but I want to weigh 130. I know that is normal weight for my height but I just feel fat, disgusting, and I don't really feel like doing anything. I wanted to gain some weight back because I had gotten too low. Once i started eating, I could not stop myself. I do workout 60 minutes aday but afterwards I just eat everything in site. What should I do? I need help because if i continue this I will gain so much weight and will be over weight. Do you think it is possible to lose weight after binge eating? How do i overcome this?

Thanks for the advice!

Last edited by keepgoing5; 12-19-2013 at 11:55 AM.
keepgoing5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #2  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink

Hi there!

I struggle with overeating and binge eating too, it used to be much worse for me but I have become better with it, I do have some tough days though. What helps me is to stop during the overeating, pause and check in with myself as to why I am overeating. I will have a glass of water, I personally like the Dasani Drops water flavoring with zero calories, it fills me up. A lot of soups that are broth based by Progresso and hot herbal tea fills me up too. Also I'll chew gum to distract myself or engage in another activity such as walking.

Good luck with this. I find that diets only make this problem worse because they are restricting and then I crave certain foods more. It is helpful for me to talk about my overeating with my therapist and address the underlying emotional issues.

Take care and consider not bringing a lot of the 'binge foods' home because then it kind of sets up to want to eat them.

Also, the Chicks in Control forum has a lot of posts on this.

I wish you the best!

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

You were severely underweight for your height at 118. You will still be underweight at 130. Listen to what your body is trying to tell you.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/101/100

Height: 5'

What I would do is run a fast for a few days. You will be surprised at how cleaning out your colon and getting rid of the sodium will do for your body.

Follow that up with fruits and veggies for another few days, then adjust from there. I know it's just common sense, but it's the simple things that work!

- Angie
AngieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #5  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 294/195/165

Height: 5'4.5

Angie is smart. Fasting can set off an even cRAZyEr binge though. Try just going raw for 3/5days. No cooking or processed foods. What about moving your workout time so afterwards you have a limited window to start binge eating? Try eating before the gym it could be that you're body after being over worked at the gym is just hella hungry.
Diamondonalandmine is offline   Reply With Quote