View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 01:17 AM   #29
TooWicky
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/198.2/175

Height: 5'7"

I shop at what is convenient in the smallish town I live in, so that leaves Kohl's and Dress Barn, which I also love.

Kohl's has a small section for Women's plus sizes from 0X to 3X.

At Kohl's Women's department, trendier brands there are Apt. 9 and Daisy Fuentes. I'm in my late 40s and like an updated look (not too sedate) so I usually wear Apt. 9 and Daisy Fuentes from there, however, the necklines can be super deep. As an overly busty apple shape, I welcome that neckline, lol, but it's not for everyone. Sonoma is the Kohl's store brand, and it's usually comprised of basic style pieces, nothing too far-out style-wise. I find the necklines more forgiving in this brand, and the cuts/patterns more subdued, but I have to watch out for shorter length shirts, or shirts that shrink up to a shorter length after washing. Dana Buchman is the high(est) end brand in the Women's sizes. Some of her pieces are a pretty strong style statement, but the target group in my opinion is the mature professional woman. I have a long torso, so this line's generally shorter length tops keep me from buying them often. I think they look great, and age appropriate. Jennifer Lopez plus sizes also sell at Kohl's, but only at Kohls.com and not in the stores.

I pretty much love Dress Barn. What a name for a store, lol! But it's so nice to walk in somewhere and see a large area devoted to plus size clothing. The associates there have always been super helpful. My favorite purchases from there have been pants. I have also been wearing some of their store brand shapewear since I have been losing weight, and I'm really pleased with it, especially for budget shapewear!

I have to try stuff on. I have never successfully ordered any clothing for myself online, lol.

WORKING OFF REGAIN

TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote