Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redonkulous View Post
Good afternoon IPeeps! Congrats PrettyMom09 on your weight loss! And thanks, Ruth Ann and Lisa for your encouraging words to me yesterday. Today is my 2nd day on IP, and the cravings for carbs are less PHYSICALLY painful, but they are still very much EMOTIONALLY painful! I've mentioned before in other threads how, when I get stressed out and/or bored, I used to go to the drive-thru for food or a diet coke. Now, I'm learning that I need to do alternative activities that do not revolve around food. Old habits die hard! But, for me at least, these little drive-thru jaunts were just excuses to get out of the house, since I have an 11 month old at home. So we decided to go out, but not to McDs.

Today, we went to the library and played there, then to the mall and played on the indoor playground. My poor child was so exhausted by the time we came home, but I was happy that I filled my time with things that didn't revolve around food. I had a major temptation from CinnaBon (dang those baking smells in the mall!) but I was strong! I keep remembering "The Real Costs of Cheating" and I was motivated to stick with the IP plan!
I am in my 5th day of IP. I can honestly say that Day 3 was the worst, and now I am feeling a tad clearer in my thinking, and TONS of energy. I loved a late afternoon Diet Coke before, but I think that was why I would crash so easily in the evening. I heard about IP from a friend, but due to the cost, I didn't think it was right for me. When I saw her again 50 lbs. lighter, she let me know about the alternative products threads! And here I am.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Boston Lettuce Wraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaKate73 View Post
Can I ask you how you make a lettuce wrap? Is it as simple as it sounds...just wrapping some lettuce around the food? Can you tell I'm not real kitchen savvy? lol
I use all sorts of lettuce to make my lettuce wraps, but my favorite is Boston Lettuce since it can hold us to "stuffing". I had lettuce wraps tonight filled with steamed Broccoli slaw and some chicken sautéed in EVOO. Think of it like a tortilla! Only much healthier.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I have it up on my blog (link below) I'm on my ipad right now or I'd type out or copy & paste the recipe for you!
no worries - I will grab it off the blog - thanks!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #79  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Good evening all. Been working and studying all day and its nearly 8 p.m. here in SF. I am so sorry that I don't have time to read all of the posts, but I do hope that everyone is doing okay and feeling positive.

Warmest,
S
Old 10-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 211/204/160

Default Question???

Hi I have bee on Ideal protein for 2 weeks and so far so food. Ii have a questions regarding weighing my protein. It states I should weigh the meat raw, but if I'm roasting a turkey that is impossible. So when weighing cooked meat do you weigh more than 8 oz or less. Can someone help me out. Love the diet
Old 10-11-2013, 12:17 AM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I have it up on my blog (link below) I'm on my ipad right now or I'd type out or copy & paste the recipe for you!
Just visited your blog- thanks for the link and the recipe!

Congrats everyone on all the NSV's and losses this week- great work!
Old 10-11-2013, 04:16 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme3 View Post
Hi I have bee on Ideal protein for 2 weeks and so far so food. Ii have a questions regarding weighing my protein. It states I should weigh the meat raw, but if I'm roasting a turkey that is impossible. So when weighing cooked meat do you weigh more than 8 oz or less. Can someone help me out. Love the diet
There are some things you can find on line that will give you approx raw to cooked weights for meat. I use about 5 or 5.5 oz cooked in the case you are mentioning. Will see if I can find a link to put up for you.

Edit:
Can't find a single link for you but the conversion info in some of the body building and other diet sites like spark people suggest the cooked amount is about 75% of the raw volume weight, so 6 oz would be the upper limit for a very lean cut. I don't like it "dry" and a bit of fat is actually recommended, so I've been erring on the side of being a pinch low. Most of the time I'm able to weigh ahead. We don't often cook large pieces of meat in our house with being empty nesters. I can see how cooking ahead and having a bigger family to feed won't always let you do that though. I think 5-5.5 oz is a very safe portion to go with.

Last edited by 65X65; 10-11-2013 at 04:34 AM.
Closed Thread