Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #1  

Default Wanted to try something new ...pole dancing classes ??? Thoughts

I thought it would be a fun way to learn something new and workout ...just wants opinions have you tried it ? And if so did you like ? Was it worth the money ?
Thanks
AmberJ241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #2  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I tried it last Valentine's Day with a girlfriend who is really into it. I found it really challenging - I realise my weight + upper body strength (lack thereof) makes it tough. That said, it was a ton of fun. It is challenging and you feel it in your body after. I see it as less of a work-out-to-lose-weight thing, but a have-fun-challenge-yourself thing.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

No, I would not do it. I don't doubt that it's a great workout. But I don't support the idea that women are decorative sexy pieces of eye candy and I hate the idea of pole dancing. There are so many kinds of dancing, and they're so much fun like salsa, zumba, hip hop, ballet, ballroom dancing, tango, anything! And they're all true artforms. I mean it's ok if it makes YOU feel sexy but I just think it's demeaning to women.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #4  

I agree--I would have a problem with pole dancing--and I certainly don't look sexy after a good workout anyway ha.ha. I have heard about it from others--but really they haven't tried it either, and I don't think they're going to.

This pole dancing reminds of another very short-lived exercise class called belly dancing out of the late 70's early 80's. It was great for your belly but that was about it.

Just my inexperienced judgement--the only benefit I can see to pole dancing may be to the upper body--and I like the full body workouts with Jazzercise--dance aerobics--weights--bands--balls--and floor exercises to work all the problem areas.

Last edited by Kscott; 10-09-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote