Old 10-05-2013, 05:50 AM   #1  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Thumbs down Just When You Think You've Seen It All

Atkins Nutritionals strikes yet again. Their newest creation....chocolate & chocolate peanut candies! Yes, "low-carb m&m's Like many of their other "endulge" products, they claim to be "acceptable in ALL phases" of the Atkins program. Ok, lets have a look here.....the chocolate variety contains unsweetened chocolate, whole milk powder and cocoa powder. The total carbs per serving is 19, there are 4 carbs of dietary fiber and 14 carbs of SUGAR ALCOHOLS....Atkins is marketing these as having 1 net carb per serving. The peanut variety contains unsweetened chocolate, milk fat & peanuts. The total carbs per serving is 17, there are 2 carbs of dietary fiber and 14 carbs of SUGAR ALCOHOLS....Atkins is marketing these as having 1 net carb per serving.
Not sure when any of these ingredients became "acceptable in ALL phases" of Atkins Not to mention the net carb calculations. These both contain Maltitol, which is probably the worst sugar alcohol of them all. Its the one known to cause "digestive issues" in a lot of people.
I've posted this link many times before but, it warrants repeating. Please read this article on those fishy Atkins products before you fall prey to the marketing tricks of Atkins Nutritionals!
http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #2  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

GGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzz Why do they do this? I know, to make money. Thank you for the heads up JerseyGirl!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/155/110

yes, thank you for that link too! Lots of info between this site and theirs.
Mistirose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300.6/see ticker/???

Height: 5'7''

Thank you for the link
gembabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #5  

Why do they do this? It makes money for them and it also gives people a treat that may be all they need to stick with the program. Since they are required, I don't see any problem.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
Why do they do this? It makes money for them and it also gives people a treat that may be all they need to stick with the program. Since they are required, I don't see any problem.
They are not Induction friendly and therefore, should not be marketed as "acceptable for all phases".
I understand they want to make money but, its pretty much false advertising. There are plenty of Induction friendly "treats" you can make yourself that will keep you on track without resorting to "low carb m&m's".

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 12-16-2013 at 10:22 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 203.6 / 200.8 / 115

Height: 5'2"

Thank you so much for posting this! I bought these just the other day. I saw the "Acceptable for All Stages" and "1g Net Carbs" on the box and didn't even think to check the label. That explains why my weight loss has slowed down a bit. This isn't my first go-around on Atkins. I can't believe I fell for this.
Sasha29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

The first time I did Atkins I didn't touch an Atkins product... After doing this and developing a very bad egg sensitivity that turned into a full blow allergy I started using them for breakfast the second time around. That time I lost 5 lbs in two months the first time 40 in three. This time I have been back at what I hope is finally a permanent change for a week and already down 5 lbs with out those products. I know many other reasons not to use those but man do they stall weight loss something fierce. One thing I do wonder though what are your thoughts about the frozen meals? They we're something I was thinking of using this time around for lunch at work but they are pretty pricey. Any other issues you know of?
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:27 AM   #9  
Goal: flight

S/C/G: 250/245/165

Height: 5'7"

Good info, not surprising. Thanks for the link!
OthelloLove is offline   Reply With Quote