South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 04:02 PM   #1  

Default Any bread machine recipes for phase 2

Just wondering if anyone had a good bread machine recipes for phase 2. I normally eat 100% whole wheat from the stores and I was wondering if it would be okay on phase 2 and if not I'd appreciate a recipe or two.
thanks so much,
Mary
Old 10-25-2003, 08:47 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whole wheat is fine on Phase 2. I'll move this post into the other forum where you may get more responses. I know LindaBC makes bread in her machine and will PM her.
Old 10-25-2003, 02:51 PM   #3  

RuthXXX,
You are the best, thanks again. I only eat WW bread now anyway so that would be wonderful. I'm sorry for all these questions I know I should just buy the book and stop bothering people but I really don't have the extra money right now so I am trying to find out all I need to know before commiting to it.
Best Regards,
Mary
Old 10-30-2003, 10:56 PM   #4  

Smile Bread recipe

The recipe on the back of the bag of Arrowhead Mills Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour (it's whole grain whole wheat) makes the best ww bread I've eaten!
I don't have a bread machine, so I've only made the "old-fashioned" recipe that requires kneading (I'm a massage therapist so it's natural for me!) but they do provide a bread machine version.
The kneaded version requires only one kneading, and the dough is easy to work with and rises high. I used molasses in mine.

Paul
Old 10-30-2003, 11:44 PM   #5  
it's always something

I'll look for that recipe! My only experience with baking with stone ground whole wheat flour didn't turn out well. I was making sandwich buns and they were very flat. I had previously made them with regular whole wheat flour and they were perfect.

I also knead my own
Old 10-31-2003, 08:47 AM   #6  

The results of this recipe surprised me with its ease and speed...and I've been making bread for 30 years!
My co-op now recommends Bobs Red Mill flours instead of Arrowhead Mills; says they're much higher quality. I think the numbers were slightly better than Arrowhead.
Closed Thread