View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #54
dehtripper

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa M. View Post
Am I too old to Derby? I'm 33. :-/
Definitely not!!!!! I play with many many girls that age and older (some nearly 50).

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleleaf View Post
I cannot express how excited I am this forum exists. It's encouraging to see a bunch of unique and intelligent ladies come together to talk about getting healthy (and at that have a specific thread about roller derby??!). Finding this community right as I'm joining the team is serendipitous, for sure.

I just started roller derby last week and I think it is going to be the most positive decision I've made in a good while. Great way to let out your frustration and aggression but still get those endorphins kickin'. And it gives me a reason to be kind and respectful to my body. I don't really know what the heck I'm doing but the derby chicks are super motivating and helpful.

Anyway, hello, and I'm glad I found y'all.
Congrats on making the jump to join! I didn't see there was a thread about derby but I'm glad to see it. I'm just starting my 3rd bouting season - joining was definitely one of the best decisions I've made. Now I'm looking forward to not just literally throwing my weight around on the track and becoming a proper powerhouse.

Last edited by dehtripper : 04-30-2013 at 07:34 AM.
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote