Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 11:57 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Question Sweet'n Low

You know me, always digging for information. I know some of us use Sweet'n Low because we like things just a tad bit sweeter than Splenda and may not count the carbs because those little pink packages say less than > 1 gm. What's less than 1 gm you say ? Read this and make sure you start counting them if your not already.

Here's the letter I got back from S&L's rep:

Dear Eileen,

Thank you for visiting us on the internet. As it states in the "FAQ"
section of our website (www.sweetnlow.com), Sweet'N Low granulated sugar substitute contains 0.9 gram of carbohydrates per 1 gram packet.

Sweet'N Low Liquid, however, contains absolutely zero carbohydrates. If you would like to see our "Nutrtion Facts," please visit our website homepage and click on the image of the specific product you are interested in (for example, Sweet'N Low packets). Thanks for your interest in our product.

Best regards,

Tracy Eichorn
Consumer Relations
Old 09-15-2003, 01:34 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good stuff, Leenie. Thanks for posting it here, you keener you!
Old 09-18-2003, 09:51 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Anything to help my girls and your embarassing me :
Old 09-20-2003, 08:53 AM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

I checked the packets I use occasionally (at work - cus they're free!)...and on the packet is says .5 grams per packet, which is how I have been counting it.

Maybe just a Canadian anomaly?

Froufy
Old 09-23-2003, 05:03 AM   #5  
thin within

this is what i found on the atkins site:

"Keep in mind that all sugar substitutes contain about 0.9 gram of carbohydrate, which you should count as 1 gram. Be sure to account for the amount you use in recipes in your daily carb count."

i think fitday had led me to believe it was roughly .5 grams a packet. i could be mistaken though. at least we know the truth now. thanks.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:20 PM   #6  

Default Re: Sweet'n Low

Quote:
Originally posted by Leens
You know me, always digging for information. I know some of us use Sweet'n Low because we like things just a tad bit sweeter than Splenda and may not count the carbs because those little pink packages say less than > 1 gm. What's less than 1 gm you say ? Read this and make sure you start counting them if your not already.

Here's the letter I got back from S&L's rep:

Dear Eileen,

Thank you for visiting us on the internet. As it states in the "FAQ"
section of our website (www.sweetnlow.com), Sweet'N Low granulated sugar substitute contains 0.9 gram of carbohydrates per 1 gram packet.

Sweet'N Low Liquid, however, contains absolutely zero carbohydrates. If you would like to see our "Nutrtion Facts," please visit our website homepage and click on the image of the specific product you are interested in (for example, Sweet'N Low packets). Thanks for your interest in our product.

Best regards,

Tracy Eichorn
Consumer Relations

Sweet n Low contains aspartamine. That is a major no-no for low carb dieters. Sucralose is your best bet. It is found in Splenda. Aspartamine is why diet sodas kick people out of ketosis.

DG
Old 10-07-2003, 03:04 PM   #7  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

The ingredients on my packet of Sweet n Low read: "dextrose, sodium cylcamate and silicon dioxide. To be used on the advise of a physican only. Per packet: 2 calories, 0.5 carbohydrates"

No aspartame in sight....but isn't dextrose a type of sugar? Again maybe just a Canadian thing?

Froufy
Old 10-07-2003, 04:35 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally posted by Froufy
The ingredients on my packet of Sweet n Low read: "dextrose, sodium cylcamate and silicon dioxide. To be used on the advise of a physican only. Per packet: 2 calories, 0.5 carbohydrates"

No aspartame in sight....but isn't dextrose a type of sugar? Again maybe just a Canadian thing?

Froufy

Sorry about that. I meant to say it contains sacrerin (sometimes I have brain farts )

Sacrerin is not good for maintaining ketosis.

Old 10-07-2003, 04:37 PM   #9  

hope I spelled that right.....
Old 10-21-2003, 04:30 PM   #10  

She means saccharine. Yes dextrose is sugar, and the amount you count-the .5 is correct. Cyclamate is the best thing going for this sort of thing, but the Americans can't get it. Sometimes any artificial sweetener can stall things for some people, but it is uncommon--trial and error is the only answer. Liquid Sugar Twin in Canada has no carbs. and of course cyclamate is good for cooking heat doesn't harm it.
Closed Thread