View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 12:24 AM   #2
Tziri
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

When I was first losing weight I used Myfitnesspal to count calories, carbs, fats, sodium etc... I also excerised and did not eat back the calories. It allowed me to eat a cookie once in a while or whatever goodie I wanted to add in. I lost 30 lbs doing this and only stalled because of my thyroid. I think it is one of the easiest plans to follow. I love keeping track of everything though, and I am a BIG list maker. The phone ap/barcode scanner makes it pretty simple to use when you're not always home. I will definitely return to calorie counting for maintenance. I am pretty sensitive to carbs (they tend to make me gain weight quicker than anything else), so I also eat low carb (or at least go a larger part of the week eating low carb). I also liked doing this because it was free! Basically there was nothing I disliked about it.
I have some of my close friends on MFP (along with some new diet friends), so that also helps with accountability. Watching their progress, getting to leave each other comments, and having them watch my progress is pretty fun.
Like you said, there is no "Right Plan" for everyone. I have never tried paleo, but I have heard a lot of great things about that diet as well.
Hope you find something that works for you (even if you end up sticking with your original plan). Good luck!

Ideal Protein (25 weeks): -75 lbs...
Progress pics: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...s-pics-26.html

Last edited by Tziri : 02-28-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote