Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 02-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/132.4/129.5

Height: 5'5"

Default Best places to buy single serving snacks and treats

I cannot keep large servings of snacks and treats in my house (packages of cookies, entire cakes, family size bags of chips, etc.) When I want a treat, I need to buy a single serving package so that I am not tempted to eat more than one serving. I can't keep more than one serving in the house!

The best place I have found to buy these treats is gas stations, but most are so overpriced, I could buy an entire package at the grocery store for the same price or less, and I hate the feeling of being price-gouged.

What stores have you found that carry a nice selection of reasonably-priced individual servings? For example, I found individual bags of chips (not King Size Hunger Buster bags that really are several servings) at Target for 50 cents each. Sometimes I can find individual packages of snack cakes at Wal Mart for under $1.

Where do you recommend finding single serving treats?
DoingMyBest79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 274/240/150

Height: 5'8"

Default that's a tough one

It think it is the nature of retail to boost up prices on indvidual packs like that. The only thing that comes to mind, is that a whille back my local dollar store was selling off-brand 100 calorie packs at the register!

Let us know if you find any good leads!
cadiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 246/233/175

Height: 5'8"

I personally buy them at Sam's Club when I need single serving packages of crackers or whatever. Also if you want to save money I have also bought large containers of whatever and weighed them out into individual Ziploc bags. But sounds like that would not work for you.
jefferzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/132.4/129.5

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the replies! I found a few more: some single serving bags of chips at Rite Aid for around 50 cents. Rite Aid also sells Easter candy in single servings (Russell Stover's, etc.)

I think the best bet is probably bakeries -- buying one pastry/treat there. That doesn't help if I am really craving a prepackaged snack, but a lot of times, treats you buy from a bakery are fresher and taste better anyway!

I have found that Starbucks, Panera, Dunkin Donuts, Barnes & Noble cafes, and Caribou have very good single serving treats. I even went to Dunkin Donuts and bought 1-2 munchkins. It is working for me so far - much better to buy 1-2 munchkins than to buy a whole box of donuts from the grocery store! I wish Entenmann's sold their donuts in single serving packs, though. It seems like the only way I can get those is buy buying a whole box, and I definitely can't just eat one and keep the rest of the box of donuts in my house right now!

Last edited by DoingMyBest79; 02-17-2013 at 01:01 PM.
DoingMyBest79 is offline   Reply With Quote