General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default What are you reading FEBRUARY 2013?

Because it hasn't been started yet..

I'm currently reading Perfect by Ellen Hopkins, and this was precessed by Go Ask Alice by anonymous in January. It's really interesting so far and hits a lot of issues that go on with teenagers: body image, sexual identity, racism, etc. I love Ellen Hopkins because she writes about these issues and makes them real to the reader. I always instantly fall in love with her characters and the way she writes is simply poetic and mesmerizing. I've also read her books Burned; Crank, Glass and Fallout; Tricks and Impulse. I can't wait to read more!

So what are y'all reading? Do share! And has anyone else thought of starting a 3FC book club type deal where we all read the same book every month and discuss it? I thought it might be something interesting to do; just throwing it out as a suggestion!

Last edited by mimsyborogoves; 02-04-2013 at 10:58 PM.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:34 AM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I wish I could say I'm reading a bunch of books, but my life isn't really conducive to more than short articles and googling info as needed. The only book I'm in regularly right now is Dr. Wayne Mack's Reaching the Ear of God
http://www.amazon.com/Reaching-Ear-G...t_at_ep_dpt_11

It's an incredibly well written book and I'm enjoying studying through it. No fiction on my plate at the moment, but I do need to spend some time reading through The Palmer Method of Business Writing for my homeschool curriculum schedule. It's way, way, out of print, so I am grateful it has been archived online! http://archive.org/details/palmermethodofbu00palmrich
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #3  
the muse of memory

I'm reading I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith (who also wrote the children's book 101 Dalmatians. It's a classic and one I've never read. And it is lovely, really lovely.
mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 212.8/212.8/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi! I'm reading the Toronto series by Heather Wardell, on "All At Sea". I usually fall in love with the characters and get so sad when I'm done with a book, so series are my favorites!
fairched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I did start it actually. Just to point you to it.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ry-2013-a.html
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote