General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missunshine View Post
t

and my favorite is http://tuebl.ca/

enjoy !
OMG!!! Thank you so much for this one!!! I've already downloaded 6 books! Had I known about it earlier, I could have gotten a couple dozen MORE without paying for them at Amazon. This site is amazing! I passed it on to my DD and she's going to tell her boyfriend (who is about to go into the Army).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #47  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn33082 View Post

Also, with all the e-readers now-a-days, does anyone else miss the feel of holding a book? I have kindle on my phone, not a real kindle, so maybe that's the issue. But I just miss snuggling on the couch and flipping pages. Maybe it's just me... I'm planning on finding the paperback of GofT book 3. I hope that helps.
I do sometimes, I have a Kindlefire and I mostly read at night; I lay in bed holding the Kindle balanced on my blankets at upper chest, and twice, I have fallen asleep and the Kindle falls forward ON MY MOUTH and I was afraid I chipped a tooth, thankfully no chipping

I am a member of Amazon Prime so I take advantage of the Lending Library, getting books for free. Right now I have Bone River by Megan Chance. I am not knowledgeable enough about literature to be too picky, I am easily entertained..I check the reviews and just go by that.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
I do sometimes, I have a Kindlefire and I mostly read at night; I lay in bed holding the Kindle balanced on my blankets at upper chest, and twice, I have fallen asleep and the Kindle falls forward ON MY MOUTH and I was afraid I chipped a tooth, thankfully no chipping

I am a member of Amazon Prime so I take advantage of the Lending Library, getting books for free. Right now I have Bone River by Megan Chance. I am not knowledgeable enough about literature to be too picky, I am easily entertained..I check the reviews and just go by that.
I've dozed off a few times holding my Fire! Either than or I nod off and quickly recover only to discover that I'm no longer on the same page! And then I don't know if I've gone forward or backward and have to really figure out where I was! I guess that's similar to dropping a real book and not remembering which page you were on when the book closes.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #49  
Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Height: 5'3"

Hello... hope you dont mind if I join in...

I just finished The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender turned out to be a really good book. Going to start The Dark Mon: A Hangman's Daughters Tale (2nd Book in the Series) by Oliver Pötzsch. The first book The Hangmans Daughter was really good.
ichoose2believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #50  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I will be picking up my regular book habit soon, but I have been doing a renewing bible study and reading a lot of my new magazines! The next book I pick up will be the final in the trilogy of the Hunger Games, which I have read before, but want to reread to refresh my memory haha. Then I am going to check out some new stuff!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:07 PM   #51  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
OMG!!! Thank you so much for this one!!! I've already downloaded 6 books! Had I known about it earlier, I could have gotten a couple dozen MORE without paying for them at Amazon. This site is amazing! I passed it on to my DD and she's going to tell her boyfriend (who is about to go into the Army).
glad you liked it. i i have a folder with almost 100 books to read i even found books in different languages.

right now i'm reading whoopi goldberg's is it just me...or is everyone gone nuts haha ...gotta love that woman
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:28 PM   #52  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

I just finished Sundays at Tiffany's on vacation last week. I saw the movie on Lifetime last year and wanted to read the actual book. Finally, got around to it after finding it on the $1 rack at Half Price Books.

The last couple of days I have been reading Eating Mindfully by Susan Albers on my Kindle Fire. I checked it out from my local library's digital reading app. I like the book; but I think it is the kind I would like to refer back to and unfortunately when these books expire they are automatically deleted from the device. I am about 70% done and I think it expires tomorrow, so I have to get 'er done quickly.

I don't have a preference about actual books in hand or on the Kindle. The main thing I don't like is that I have way too many books to choose from and I have a hard time deciding what to read next. I went a little crazy with all the free kindle book sites. I also have Amazon Prime and then the library's site.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:43 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposssa View Post
I just finished Sundays at Tiffany's on vacation last week. I saw the movie on Lifetime last year and wanted to read the actual book. Finally, got around to it after finding it on the $1 rack at Half Price Books.

The last couple of days I have been reading Eating Mindfully by Susan Albers on my Kindle Fire. I checked it out from my local library's digital reading app. I like the book; but I think it is the kind I would like to refer back to and unfortunately when these books expire they are automatically deleted from the device. I am about 70% done and I think it expires tomorrow, so I have to get 'er done quickly.

I don't have a preference about actual books in hand or on the Kindle. The main thing I don't like is that I have way too many books to choose from and I have a hard time deciding what to read next. I went a little crazy with all the free kindle book sites. I also have Amazon Prime and then the library's site.
If you're a Prime member at Amazon, you can get books lent free of charge and they don't expire. You keep it until you download the next freebie and then they take back the previous one.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #54  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

The best book I read in January was The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. I can't believe I let this sit on the bookshelf gathering dust for so long....I totally LOVED it.

Last edited by Novus; 02-01-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #55  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

I read all 50 shades in about a week in November. I over did it with a lump on my neck from having my neck bent over. This month I am reading your guys posts. Lol. But my nook has the night circus waiting for me.

Last edited by chubbiegurl; 02-01-2013 at 07:53 PM.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #56  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
If you're a Prime member at Amazon, you can get books lent free of charge and they don't expire. You keep it until you download the next freebie and then they take back the previous one.
I knew I could download one each month; but I didn't know the old one would disappear if you got another! This is my 2nd month on prime. I can get a new book today. Thanks...because I didn't really finish the IF book I got. I kind of glanced through it and thought I could refer back to it later. It seems a little misleading to say they never expire if they take them back.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:43 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 343/218/180

Height: 6'2"

I am reading a college text book. Geeky but interesting. Historia Activa del Mundo. Active world history in Spanish.
chubbyface is offline   Reply With Quote