1) I have a sweet tooth and thus won't keep certain things in the house. When I DO want something sweet I turn to homemade applesauce. Peal and core a bunch of apples, let sit in crockpot on low all night, mash with potato masher in the morning, add a little lemon juice, a lot of cinnamon, and some stevia if you want. Let cool a little. Place foil or waxed paper over muffin tins. spoon the chunky apple sauce into the little cups and then stick in freezer. Once frozen (I leave in for 6 hours) then pop them out and place in a big container so you can just pull one out and microwave for 30 seconds for a special treat (if you used waxed paper you will have to fill your sink with a little warm water and dip the bottom of the tins in it for 3-5 seconds to let them loose) (this method of freezing in muffin tins works great for soup too. You can pull out a couple for yourself, or a bunch if eating with someone)
2) ground turkey with low salt taco seasoning (good to put on lettuce/tomato/carrot salad with a little salsa) and place in individual containers and freeze
3) place chicken breasts in crockpot overnight on low. In morning drain any water/fluid left. Stir with spoon and they should fall apart on their own. Add some BBQ sauce (so it will stay moist and not freezer burn). place in individual containers and freeze for your very easy Shredded BBQ Chicken.
4) I made a bunch of stuffed peppers (stuffed with seasoned ground turkey, brown rice, diced carrots/celery) and they tasted fine after freezing and re-heating
5) I make a bunch of burgers out of ground turkey, grill and place a bunch in a gallon ziplock bag. You can easily grab one or two and microwave
I could keep going, but I'll stop here. Good luck! I love my deep freeze!!!
So excited to be healthy and to FINALLY be able to wear the clothes in my closet!!! Come on weightloss!
268.8lb (starting weight)= 12/24/2013