Old 01-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

Default Any IPers with Rheumatoid Athritis?

I have rheumatoid athritis, hypothyroidism and fibromyalgia.

I notice that when my RA is flaring up that I either don't lose or gain a few pounds. I know it is water weight die to inflamation because up until Friday I have been 100% OP.

Just wondering if anyone else has RA and is on IP and how do they offset the aches, pains and carb cravings when so tired.
Kat117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/158/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat117 View Post
I have rheumatoid athritis, hypothyroidism and fibromyalgia.

I notice that when my RA is flaring up that I either don't lose or gain a few pounds. I know it is water weight die to inflamation because up until Friday I have been 100% OP.

Just wondering if anyone else has RA and is on IP and how do they offset the aches, pains and carb cravings when so tired.
I have hypothyroid and although diagnosed with both FM and RA at one time.
I actually have EDS but it has similar symptoms and issues. I have had almost as many weeks with no loss then loss but still averaged 3lbs a week. The awesome thing about this system is I have lost more inches during the weeks that I didn't loss weight and actually gained muscle. I am in the same clothing that I was in when I was ten pounds lighter but they fit better and I have definition to my muscles in my arms and legs without a gym at 39 years old.
eldavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #3  

I have RA and FM and I also wondered about it. I still have inflammation and wondered if my medications could also be slowing things down. I lost 4.5. the first week but it has been bouncing a little, but I know its water. Its only been a couple of weeks so I hope that I lose more inches.
elleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:24 AM   #4  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

I don't have RA - I mean I wasn't diagnosed yet, but my body is inflamed - when the level is very high I don't lose any weight, I have something going on but they can't determine right now yet, I am going thru a lot of tests and hopefully they can get with what I have.
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #5  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

I don't have RA but MS so inflammation is an issue also. One of my biggest problems is pain. I take Lyrica, which is for diabetic neuropathy, and that keeps the pain down to a constant 2 out of 10. I've only been on IP for a week so can't speak of any changes or differences in/out of exacerbation.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

I have fibro. When first starting IP I flared quite a bit. I used lots of heat therapy and took it easy for the first 5 days. Carb cravings seem to be par for the course, so I just tried to keep myself distracted until I could get through it. Good luck!

Overweight and obesity can cause inflammation in their own right, so I am hoping this will improve as I disappear!

Last edited by FutureFitChick; 02-02-2013 at 12:49 PM.
FutureFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote