View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #19
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Chilly Thursday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

I had another good night’s sleep and am up early again this day. I am currently making a loaf of Ricotta Bread this day and have it going in my little bread machine ~ it is so yummy & well worth the 3P+ per slice~ especially toasted with a skiff of WW cream cheese on it. It may not even be that many points since I lighten it by using beaters for the egg and Splenda® that measures like sugar. I don’t eat much bread unless it is really good but I don’t pig out on this either. It is Will’s second favorite since Sour Dough Bread is his most favorite. Makes my mouth water to think of it. The Cuties we got at the market are now so good and a bit larger & juicer than the last batch we had. I love those little things. I peel a couple and separate the sections and have them on a paper plate to snack on. A definitely “good for me” snack which I enjoy. They are so incredibly easy to peel. I also got some of that WW cheese with jalapenos that will be great with celery sticks which I have cut up and ready to be munched.

Our new “movie box” will be delivered tomorrow and we have a place for it in the front room. Some things won’t fit in the Jeep with the top up but we don’t want to put it down this time of the year so we are having it delivered. Time has come to put all the holiday decorations away that are on that bench and around the room so I will do that this afternoon. I would have done it last week but we were out of town, but now I need to really get it done. I’ll have Will pull the boxes out of the closet and put the things away in the proper containers to be gotten out again next holiday season. It is so much more fun to decorate than to put it all away again. Some of the little things I bought will stay up with the houses though for they are not holiday oriented. That little glass cow looks so cute by the barn next to a small bale of hay and the glass sun hanging over it all.

We have an invitation to attend the County Historical Society annual meeting where new officers and trustees will be elected. They are putting Will forth as a trustee which will be voted on. That will be good if he is on the board for they deal with the museum where he is a volunteer and he will have a “say so” of what is decided. It is at 7 pm on Monday the 28th so I will weigh in only at WW that evening and not stay for the meeting.

DONNA FAYE I thought of you when I was looking through one of the many catalogues I get ~ there was a pair of knee sox that were georgeous with different colors of yarn in them. Now if I can remember which catalogue I saw them in I just might order them. I mostly just wear black knee highs but those would be fun to have. Anyway I have to find them again so I can order them. Sounds like you are getting your ducks in a row and are back to some serious weight loss measures. Ask Wal*Mart to stock some jicama and they probably will look into doing so. One of our local markets and Wal*Mart have it here. Maybe becusee it is a root and looks like a turnip somewhat folks don't buy it not knowing it is so good after you peel that brownish cover off. The markets here will stock items that we request. My WW leader sent that recipe I posted out to all members that she had e-mail address to. Now the stores around here will be asked "where is the jucama."

Have a great day Magnolias ~ Type at y’all later.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote