View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #11
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Monday Monday ~ Weigh Day

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is weigh day and this morning I weighed on my : and am down so I am hopeful that I will still be down this evening at WW. I am still weary from that trip ~ just donít bounce back as quickly as I did in my younger years. I donít feel bad or anything like that ~ just weary. Maybe after I finish my first coffee this day I will feel better. Iíve looked at the news and there isnít anything good there to speak of.

The animals are sure hanging around close to us today and wanting attention. They will quickly settle back into their old routines. I know they were all treated real well at the vets while we were gone. That is a wonderful place to have a pet taken care of. The collage kids that are ďwanna beĒ vets are so caring that work there. It is a family operation ~ the father takes care of the large animals ~ cattle and horses and the two children that are also vets take care of the smaller animals. When the Dad retires the two children will run the business quite well for they will have had so much experience. The whole lot of them look after the small heard of buffalo that live in a large fenced in area at the edge of town. The four calves that were born this past spring are sure growing fast.

I think today I will make a big pot of stew. I have all the ingredients and it should be a go and smell the place up so nicely while it bubbles away in a slow simmer.

Will just left to take the dogs to the groomer and to run some other errands. I am still easing into the world. Since we got rid of that TV I have been going to bed earlier and consequently getting up earlier which is kinda nice.

It looks like tonight at the WW meeting we will be discussing what is in our fridge. That will be easy for me for there arenít any ďenemiesĒ lurking in mine.

DONNA FAYE for being down 3 pounds! It's cold here also. It seems like it is the younger drivers that cause more freeway accidents especially in snow and ice conditions. We saw wreck after wreck coming home through NM in a storm. The roads on the opposite side going the other direction were plowed but the ones on our side hadn't been plowed yet and it was 25 MPH for an hour. We saw trucks jacknifed and cars in the ditch but we were able to make it through without any trouble driving our Jeep. Folks in cars were not so fortunate to get through it. I think the snow plows were behind us somewhere. But when those big semi's slow down other folks need to take heed and not try and pass them for they don't just slow down for the fun of it. Some of those folks that whizzed by were in the ditch further up the road. We toyed with the idea of renting a car to take that trip but then decided just to go ahead and take the Jeep and we were so thankful we did. I hope you get the navy yarn in a close enough dye lot that will match well with the yarn you have on that hat.

JEAN Sounds like you have nice warm weather to have a good time with your activities while there. Believe me I know how you feel with that long day in a car.

SUSAN I had a nice chuckle when you said you had a "screw loose." It is good that it is an easy thing to remove it now that your foot is all better. Sounds like a fun luncheon with 14 other quilters.

Have a great day Magnolias

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote