Old 12-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #1  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Default I am back! question I couldn't search.

HI everyone. I'm back. Lost and maintained, then watched "Forks vs. Knives" among other documentaries, and went vegetarian than vegan (no animal products at all) for HEALTH reasons. I actually did pretty well as you can eat this way creatively low fat and do well with exercise and eating responsibly.
But, weakness and vacations (a cruise destroyed my best plans! Ugh, I need to tackle my addiction to food more than anything else!!)

So I gained; feel disgusting. Had to buy BIGGER clothes. Really...it's a sad day!

Now I have to have knee surgery; will not be able to exercise for 8 weeks. Even now, part of the problem is my knee stopped me from running last May. That was right before the cruise, so all in all, alot of factors got me.

I'm back at the IP clinic on Wednesday, and committed to using this WOE to get me back on track, and find a way to integrate it with my health choices.

SO: I've been great at learning recipes with BEANS! I make great no fat spicy 4 bean veggie chili, but I wonder if I can indulge in this treat on IP? I see nothing about beans, and I suspect I can't have them.

Anyone else not a dairy or meat eater? I am okay with fish, so I believe I can eat that, a grilled salmon in my salads?

THanks for the patience and I REALLY need some support girlfriends!! THANKS!!!!!!!
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Definitely no beans until Phase 4, sorry!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/148.0/160

Height: 5'11"

Black soy beans are allowed. They are similar to black beans and there are some recipes throughout the forum!
gazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Sorry, but soy beans are not on the official IP protocol. Some people may use them anyway but if you're following it 100% you shouldn't eat them.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Soy beans are legumes, which are not allowed per se on IP.

However you can have fish, eggs, and tofu (though you have to eat quite a bit of tofu to get the right amount of dinner protein - you should be in the 40-50g protein range for dinner). There are a few people on IP who do this vegetarian, post in the Daily thread and I can guarantee people will offer what they've learned!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #6  

Height: magmeepEVE

Black soy beans were on the IP Phase 1 protocol before, but they aren't now. I'd say (and I was told this by another experienced IP person), that you can try them, and see how they affect your losses. They are the best beans for the carb/fiber ratio out there.

As a vegetarian, I know how frustrating it can be with the protein choices, oh do I. That was my biggest frustration with IP early on. I've come to find things I like, so I'm okay now, but I really can't wait for maintenance to add in some healthy Vegan bean recipes again.
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #7  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
Black soy beans were on the IP Phase 1 protocol before, but they aren't now. I'd say (and I was told this by another experienced IP person), that you can try them, and see how they affect your losses. They are the best beans for the carb/fiber ratio out there.

As a vegetarian, I know how frustrating it can be with the protein choices, oh do I. That was my biggest frustration with IP early on. I've come to find things I like, so I'm okay now, but I really can't wait for maintenance to add in some healthy Vegan bean recipes again.

Oh thanks, I wonder if you could share what you did vegetarian? I am okay with fish and I can skip the beans, I know they are high in carbs. Tofu is high in fat, so that's not a good option.
Thanks
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote