View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Saturday ~ Chilly This Day

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

I am up early this day and all alone except for my furry friends. Will is out and about with that visiting historical author. We had dinner last evening with Jeff Broome and his son David along with our friend the museum director and had a lovely time yakking. We got there at 6pm and didn’t leave the restaurant until 9:30. The son is a college student and will soon be going to Finland for a semester. He is studying photography and since I had taken a class in photography in collage I knew from which he spoke. He was all interested in my stained glass building of things also so I gladly regaled him with my adventures in glass. We were having a lively conversation between the two of us while the three men were talking history. We will be all back together for lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant today then over to the museum for Mr. Broome’s presentation which will be educational. That man knows stuff ~ lots of stuff. Makes me want to get a metal detector and hunt for artifacts. The story goes that Custer lost his signet ring during a battle and it is engraved with his initials and other telling things that show it was his and it is worth a cool million to the person that finds it. Well, we will probably just find some buttons and spent cartridges and arrows ~nothing worth nearly that much in monetary value. This historian fellow knows where those battles were fought and has gone to some of the sites where other folks haven’t been and found some real neat artifacts. He has invited us to visit him in CO and will be happy to show us his vast collection. It was funny that the museum director and he know a lot of things and places each other knows. In fact the museum director goes to CO to visit one of his dear friends and come to find out this historian just lives in a house down that same street. ♪♫It’s a small world after all. ♫♪

I am sitting here munching on one of WW Berry-licious Cashew Chew bars that I have in my arsenal and it is very delicious for certain and drinking my coffee. Good 3P+ breakfast.

JEAN Haven't heard much of the green coffee bean extract but there are so many diet "gotcha" things floating out there that I don't pay much attention to them. I do know for years "they" have said that green tea is very good for you and I drink that ocasionally.

Have a great day Magnolias.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Last edited by Maggie : 12-01-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote