UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #1  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Default Just when things were going so well.......

Oh pooh. I am sure I have bored you all with my kind of cool story about breaking my leg falling part way down an Icelandic mountain?? Actually I dislocated my knee cap and fractured bits off the back......Anyhow whilst waiting to start our game of badminton 10 days ago I sat on a very low bench and felt something in my right leg go ping.....no really it went ping.
Have carried on walking and exercising and generally trying to ignore it but the pain has been getting worse and worse and I was up half of last night because I couldn't find a comfy position and it is really swollen.
I can put up with the kind of wear and tear pain and stiffness of the other knee but this is SOMETHING ELSE!!
So bimbled off to the doc who reckons I might have torn a cartilage or agrees with my theory that I have torn scar tissue.
Need an xray...mri and referral to an Orthopaedic bl**dy surgeon depending on results. I AM REALLY REALLY PI$$ED OFF!! (can you tell?????)
Please people help me stay on track. I am so enjoying my exercise and healthy eating I am dead scared that I might allow this to derail me.
Going to post this on the over 300lb forum as well...I need all the help I can get!!!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Oh bless you, that sounds horrible whatever it is you've done to your knee, I really hope that the docs can remedy the problem for you.

xxx
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 97.3/97.3/57.2

Height: 5'2

Oh no. I have my fingers crossed that it's not as serious as you fear and you can be active again really soon. The fact that you are aware that you could use this injury as a justification for 'derailing' makes me think that you probably won't IYKWIM?! Keep us posted,
sherryberry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #4  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

You have another leg.... hop!

(I did mention I don't do sympathy didn't I?)

Get thee through the xrays etc, INSIST on a physio as soon as possible and suck them dry of info on how you can best exercise without breaking bits.

And come back here for a moan and whinge, you'll need it after having been so active. We will do our best to prevent you falling off anything else!

I'd finish with a cheery 'chin up' - but felt I might just have to slap myself if I did
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:55 AM   #5  
mountain walker

stef you do make me laugh!!! "Pull yourself together woman" is EXACTLY what I have been saying whilst slapping myself across the face with a wet kipper! Looking at the paralympians makes me feel well and truly ashamed of the hystericals!
I used to be a Physio so technically I should know what to do!
It felt much better yesterday with pain killers and using my crutch( not THAT kind of crutch...get your mind out of the gutter!!) and sleep was easier but today it's rather grumpy! I have handweights and theraband so will cobble together an exercise programme and hopefully go for a pootle in the pool tomorrow.
I have just been saying to my daughter that this is the ultimate test as I find diet with exercise OK but diet without exercise has been my absolute bete noir. I was thinking of starting a blog based on Sven's ( my right knee is called Sven.....long story) adventures.......what do you think????!!!!
PS No kippers were harmed in the writing of this email.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #6  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 314.15/289.9/150

Height: 5"8

MW - GAH!! I feel your pain.... not literally of course lol. But seriously, it seems our bodies are working against us a lot of the time doesn't it?! But you are doing everything right and your mindset, determined to keep moving and push through it, is fantastic. And I have no trouble believing that if you keep that up, and if everyone around you, incl online can help in anyway, you'll get past this and prove your body wrong!
It's always going to be a battle, but once we've got to the end, we'll look at these days and realise we're the ones that made it happen!!

Good luck with the xrays and anything else the doctors throw at you. You know where we are if you need us
LozzCowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #7  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Ah well.... physio heal thyself!

I love my therabands - and the ruddy great heavy punch bag on a spring in the garden. I wouldn't be without them.

I am so unfit these days. When I was an instructor I use the 'black band of death' and a double band, nowadays I stick to the sissy red band!! I have a ball as well, but keep looking at it and imagining a BIG knife - maybe later!

Thinking about it, I have so much exercise kit left over from the 'good old days' I have no excuse for being lazy.

Oh the shame of it
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #8  
mountain walker

the black band of death.....pretty hard core!
Mine is a grey one with handles from Tesco!
Thanks guys. My daughter says that without 3FC I would be really really struggling.....well more than I am at the moment.... so thanks for all the good wishes it really does help.
I am going to say bo**ocks to it and try my 1.2 mile walk with 7 year old side kick and just one dog tomorrow....crutch in hand of course....if you see what I mean! I really miss the serotonin buzz that comes from exercise even just a walk lifts my mood.
Hey Lozz how are ya lovely???