Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #1  

Default How Often Do You Do Yoga/Flexibility Training Per Week?

How many days a weeks do you do yoga or other flexibility exercises (ie--Tai Chi, other stretching)?

What are some of your favorite flexibility videos?
Veronica133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I do a yoga class on average twice a week, but I'm trying to bump that up to three times. It's hard given the class schedule, though.

As for videos, I love yoga shakti and Crunch's 'super slimdown yoga pilates blend.' I haven't done either in awhile but I do love them both.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #3  
Akai goryounin

S/C/G: 175/115/110

Height: 5'5"

I don't have any yoga videos, but I attend classes twice a week. Much like djs06, I'd like to attend more classes, but my work schedule and the class schedule, make it difficult to get in a third class.
DominiquedelMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 132/116.6/114

Height: 5'2"

I do yoga/pilates maybe once a week.

My fave yoga video at the moment is The Firm Power Yoga. It's a nice gentle workout I do when I'm too sore or tired to do weights or cardio.

I also do Jeanette Jenkins The Hollywood Trainer Yoga DVD but it's vinyasa flow yoga and very intensive on the arms and shoulders (a lot of chaturanga upward facing dog then downward facing dog) so I"ll only do that one if I'm not sore on the shoulders or upper body.
Precious Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #5  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I do yoga videos 4-5 times a week. My favorite is Namaste Yoga - it was a series on FitTv. That one is relaxing - I can do it and hop right in bed. I also have The Biggest Loser dvd - it is HARD! By the end I'm sweating and my arms are trembling.

I'd love to take a class, but I have a crazy rotating work schedule, so it's not likely to happen any time soon.

Last edited by Riddy; 07-16-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #6  

I also get to class twice a week. My studio has a great work/trade system, so I just help check in students at the start of class and do some dusting at the end and I get to attend for free! I think twice a week is enough for me. It's great for my flexibility, but it's also an intense muscle conditioning workout too.

Kind of off topic, but I also go to a meditation center once a week. It's not strictly exercise, but I think it helps with my weight loss by keeping my brain calm and collected through the week, no matter what my scale says.
Rachella is offline   Reply With Quote