Old 05-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #1  
Restarted IP 3/19/12

S/C/G: HW257 230/202.8/125

Height: 5'2

Exclamation Learn from my mistake don't eat CARBS!!

Learn from my mistake don't eat CARBS!! I went to dinner with my husband last night and I figured it's ok just for this one meal and I ate some carbs not even a lot just not an IP approved meal. I literally felt sick afterwords groggy and nauseous now today I can't stop wanting carbs (I woke up the monster) I searched my house and found some naughty foods. I had a bunch out on the kitchen counter and I was going to pig out. I was going to come here but I felt ashamed Luckily a friend texted me at that moment to see what I was up to. I told them the truth and they helped me I ran water on all of it and threw it away and made eggs and spinach but still it was horrible. Please please if your thinking "just for this time" it will be ok remember it might lead you to where I am at today!!! I want to share this so no one else has to feel physically and emotionally how I felt the past 24 hours. Now I am forgiving myself, dusting off and getting back on track. I will go low carb no restricted for a few days and hope I can make up for my moment of weakness.
Pookiepotpie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #2  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Ah, it was a test.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

Good for dusting yourself off...might want to stay away from the extras with splenda in it till the monster goes away. Stevia should be ok. Go to bed early if you need to.
JoesHotWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #4  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Did you have cravings when you first started? I'm curious if that helps determine whether we'd get cravings after we go off plan for a while or phase down...
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #5  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Did you have cravings when you first started? I'm curious if that helps determine whether we'd get cravings after we go off plan for a while or phase down...
My cravings were out of control around TOM. So, it was always a struggle then for me. A few times I had an extra packet or restricted but it would be a huge challenge for that week or two or three sometimes.

I will say this, watching my cravings on P3, I do believe that carbs can wake up the sleeping monster. I had to catch myself. A couple times I would have a bar and then I was dipping into the second one right after. The carb monster was awake. I had to overpower it but it wasn't easy.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:11 AM   #6  

The same thing happened to me last year about this time. I was doing fantastic for four and a half months...I thought the same thing...Just this one time, because I've been doing so well. Hello Carb Monster! It took me several months to get back on track! Gained a bunch of weight back. I can't tell you how much I regret that, and wish I could undo it. Oh well...
hatgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

I know the feeling too well. Glad you got your horses by the reigns and best wishes getting through detox, you can do it girl!
ProteinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #8  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Hang in there, you can do this girl! We're all pulling for you.

Does anyone else feel tempted when shopping the grocery store? I feel like I have my worst time battling the carb monster in there.
shathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Does anyone else feel tempted when shopping the grocery store? I feel like I have my worst time battling the carb monster in there.
LOL that's why I like to do my grocery shopping saturday mornings, right after my weigh ins!
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone. Good luck Pookie getting back on the wagon, and thanks for sharing your experience with us. That is a great example of the support we can all get here on 3FC and how we can benefit from each others experiences whether they are good or bad. I'm about to go on vacation and have almost all my evening meals planned. We'll be eating out for two suppers but it is surprising how easy it has become to order IP food when I'm eating out. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #11  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookiepotpie2 View Post
Learn from my mistake don't eat CARBS!! ... I want to share this so no one else has to feel physically and emotionally how I felt the past 24 hours. ..
Thank you for posting this Pookie. It provides a great reinforcement to me to stick 100% OP. I really appreciate your sharing in this way to help us.
Hope you're past this stage soon, and back in the flow soon.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Hang in there, you can do this girl! We're all pulling for you.

I too go right after my Monday weigh ins. Ketosis is taking care of all my cravings and temptations. I have no desire to eat carby foods. Really, one only has to go to two parts of the grocery store, the meat dept and veggie dept, but yeah, I guess if you have children to feed it can bite you
ProteinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

I have not been tempted to a high enough degree to eat off plan and have a
carbish meal. Gotta say, I am glad you posted about it! It will help me stick with it as I am sufficiently afraid to get outside the box now! I have spent my life with cravings for carbs. *sigh*. Sure have to find a way to not return there, ever. It literally is the fight of and for my life, it seems.

As far as shopping, yes, I am a bit freaked out in the grocery store! I have said it is like hiding an alcoholics groceries in the liquor store and then sending them in to get their food! Now, that I kind of have a very singular path that I take through the store it is better. I do sort of say WOW when I get off the beaten path in there. I see the American diet and food stock with different eyes now. I believe I was starving in a sea of food before. I was fat, but undernourished!

Last edited by Samba; 05-04-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for posting this... it is very helpful for us to all firm up our resolve.
I'm glad you reigned in the beast and got back OP.
I've been tempted lately by things that I don't normally even look at, so I can imagine how easy the beast is to wake up.
Have a great weekend!
Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

Question as a noob to this....

Once reaching your goal means you can never enjoy carbs again?

Hasnt it always been about MODERATION???

I find it difficult that someone who has loss a great deal of weight by managing their diet and exercise, can never eat carbs or a non IP meal or drink alcohol AGAIN?

I dont quite understand the mentality around this.

any thoughts?
KBig is offline   Reply With Quote