South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 10:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

Angry Good morning ladies...new member alert

Good morning ladies! I have been browsing your message board, looking for information, when I decided to join. I hope I'll enjoy it--your board seems full of fun, nice and supporting women--and women who keep it real too. That is just *so* important. lol..I'll get off now

Anyway, this is the first message board I've jumped on (but plan on jumping on others). I have no yet started the SB Diet. I'm reading up on it. It's amazing at the stuff that I learned in school about health and nutrition that I thought I would never use! Shame on me. I am currently reading the book and am enjoying it immensely. I feel that the information I have gleaned from it has proved invaluable.

I also noticed your recipe board and this is probably where my question should go--but I didn't want my introduction to get lost--what to do..what do to (Note to moderators: You may move this if it's in the wrong place...just be sure to tell me so I don't goof again! lol)

Where was I going? Oh yes. The recipes in the book are *way* over anything I would ever eat. As you can probably deduce from my SN, I am frugal. My family is frugal. Therefore, my diet must be frugal (for example, I would have tuna before I would have salmon). Anyhow...does anyone know low cost recipes that *normal* people (read: financially challenged) would eat?

TIA and I look forward to meeting all of you great women
Old 08-15-2003, 02:04 PM   #2  
Mous

WELCOME to the Beach.

Come post on our DAILY thread.

Happiness is meeting new beach babes.

Marcie
Old 08-15-2003, 04:47 PM   #3  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Welcome aboard!

Most of the recipes in the book can be modified to be more frugal...just use different fishes, etc. The book is a great starting point but after a while you'll figure out how to make the plan fit you AND your budget! A lot of folks say their grocery bill decreases because they are buying less processed food, which gets pretty expensive.

I tend to be a frugal shopper, as well. But I won't skimp on buying fresh veggies! I find we use them all so there is no waste anymore, which makes it easier to justify.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing!
Closed Thread