View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #70
pluckypear

S/C/G: 329/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'4"

Some of us will just have to agree to disagree. Some of us really do not have time to bake bread. And yes we can opt out of that healthy bread and eat some other healthy carb for sure.
However there is a huge movement that has been perpetrated by the media and a 'health/green culture' that does not acknowledge their privilege at being able to purchase high cost healthy, local, organic food and to mask the rising costs of such.
I am all for the green culture and I am privileged enough to purchase healthy foods most of the time. What I see is that many people who work full time as does their partner(assuming they have one) and may or may not have children and have other responsbilities cannot make their own bread, travel to several stores to shop etc. That type of lifestyle is rare or only possible for some.
Yes we can get some cheap healthy foods but not many and not often. And it is more difficult, I am not saying more worth it, just more difficult. And there is a reason for that. There is a reason why crap food like mac and cheese is cheap and available. It pays to keep people fat, unhealthy and powerless.
This being said I am committing to going to the farmer's market every Saturday and will report my finds and cost.

"May you live every day of your life." - Jonathan Swift

Last edited by pluckypear : 03-19-2012 at 12:40 PM.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote