Old 01-10-2005, 04:47 PM   #1  

Default Belgian Waffles

I made these this morning. They were great. Like someone said in another post, it felt like I was cheating when I was eating it. It taste just like the real thing.

Belgian Waffles

Ingredients:

2 large eggs
1/4 C Lowfat Ricotta Cheese (store brand)
1 T Granular Splenda, more or less to taste
1/2 t. Baking Powder
1/4 t. Cinnamon, more or less to taste
(optional)
Dash Nutmeg, more or less to taste (optional)

Directions:

Preheat waffle iron. If no waffle iron is available, recipe can also be used for fluffy
pancakes, but that is not as much fun! Beat eggs with electric mixer on high for 1
minute to make them light and fluffy. Add all other ingredients. Beat until smooth.
Spray waffle maker with PAM or other cooking spray. Pour all batter, should fill bottom tray. Close and cook as usual for waffles.

Last edited by msgolden25; 02-22-2005 at 04:40 PM.
msgolden25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #2  

I make up several over the weekend....then I make wraps with them! I add a little ricotta mixed with sf pancake syrup spread on the edge to seal them. I add a strip of turkey bacon, ham, chicken, mushrooms or whatever you like to the inside and roll it up. With the size my waffle iron makes one roll up fits nicely in a snack zip lock. I pop them in the microwave for about 15 seconds and have a great breakfast on the way to work.

Tastes almost like a McGriddle with the pancake syrup, ricotta mix!

If you add ff cottage cheese instead of the ricotta it lowers the calories and make a thinner waffle.......NOT good as a waffle but great as a wrap! Getting the picture as to how I got the wrap idea???? It was one of those great oopsies!!!

My husband says thanks for this great recipe!!!! HE now gets fresh bisquick waffles every Saturday and I have these lovely substitutes and don't feel deprived.
dannab1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #3  

I use the whole recipe as a serving on the weekends since we typically "brunch" breakfast and lunch. On weekdays I take 1 waffle wrap (half the waffle recipe).

The ricotta makes a creamy filler when mixed with the Davinci syrups or sf pancake syrup. I have also made the ricotta with vanilla and equal or splenda.
dannab1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'6"

I made these as pancakes because my first attempt burnt tight to the brand new waffle maker (whoops) but even as pancakes they were AMAZING! I added a bit of orange extract and vanilla extract and they were very, very good. I will be making this again! Thanks for the recipe!
blondiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #5  
kristin

S/C/G: 215/160/145

Height: 5'11"

These are AWESOME! Thanks so much for the recipe!
I didn't have any SF syrup, so I topped mine with a little yogurt mixed with cinnamon, splenda and vanilla. It came out wonderfully.

These didn't come out as crispy as regular waffles but they were still fabulous.
kristintcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #6  
kristin

S/C/G: 215/160/145

Height: 5'11"

also, people were asking what the nutrtionals are and since the only caloric ingredients are ricotta and eggs, it was pretty simple to deduce that the entire recipe is about 220 calories (70 cals per egg and 80 cals for the ricotta)

Last edited by kristintcs; 08-27-2009 at 11:07 AM.
kristintcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

So I made these this morning, and Im a little dissapointed.
I dont have a waffle iron, so I made them in a pan as pancakes.

I divided the batch into thirds to make 3 small pancakes:
The first I left exactly as the recipe stated, but found that it tasted eggy.
The second I added more splenda and a splash of vanilla, it tasted better, but still had a burnt egg after taste.
The third I added banana extract, and it was just awful.

Also I found with all 3 that they tasted almost powdery... but I checked and double checked and I used the right amount of baking powder, so it can't be that.

Ah well, guess Im just not meant to enjoy these.... tho, they did fill me up quite a bit, so thats a plus!
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 147/136/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Great!!!

I tried these last week and I can't believe how good they actually taste, almost like a french toast flavor. I did add a little vanilla extract to the batter. Found out you shouldn't use Egg Beaters though, the batter shot out of the side of the waffle maker. Will definitely enjoy these again!
meanmom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 158/148/140

Height: 5'4"

I just made these. I forgot the baking powder. They were yummy, even without it. I made pancakes and it was more like a crepe consistency. I will have to try it with baking powder and see how much better they are. These were delicious, even though I didn't pay attention to the directions.
WibblyWobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/183/150

Height: 5'8"

I made these this morning, though they tasted a little eggy to me too, I had some splenda maple syrup on top and I barely even noticed the egg flavor! They were delicious! I'm planning on making them every Sunday when my parents go out to breakfast. Thank you so much for the recipe!
maita88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:10 PM   #11  

I just made these! Amazing! I mixed together some cottage cheese cinnamon splenda and a splash of vanilla for the top! Yum! I also put a splash of sf syrup on top! They are delicious! Thank you!
EmmaRochelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #12  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

I wonder if anyone has ever tried using Greek yogurt instead of ricotta. I might try it, cause that's what I have on hand.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:20 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 203/188/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Thank you!

Love this recipe!!! So many new ideas! I feel a renewed commitment to SB as I have a lot more options now. This is a keeper. Thank you for posting.
DrMarjie627 is offline   Reply With Quote