Old 02-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #1  

Question tea??

Okay, so I have decided to get into some loose leaf tea for treats. I sweeten with Stevia, and no milk products of course. Any idea if this could be an issue?? I am currently on phase I down 62 lbs with 20 to go!
JojoTheMojoMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojoTheMojoMomma View Post
Okay, so I have decided to get into some loose leaf tea for treats. I sweeten with Stevia, and no milk products of course. Any idea if this could be an issue?? I am currently on phase I down 62 lbs with 20 to go!
I would just make sure it's herbal so at least you can count it as part of your water.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #3  
Ashley

S/C/G: 328.7/325.4/145

Height: 5'8"

I use herbal teas all the time-love mint and peach-and then I don't need any sweeteners...
legacy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #4  
Under His mercy

Height: 5'9"

Red Zinger tea -made from hibiscus flowers - tastes like punch and is high in antioxidants. It's better for you than water. I place 4 tea bags in a glass pitcher with 8 cups of water and put it in the fridge overnight. In the morning, I remove the tea bags, add a few squirts of lemon juice, a little sweetener (I use agave nector) and fill my water bottle with it. I believe it also curbs my appetite a little.
sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

I have all sorts of herbal teas in my cupboard. I love the decaf chai spice. And you can use 1 oz. of milk per day (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Not quite a chai latte, but pretty close.
panda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

And someone told me (wuv?) that 3 packets of sweetener per day are allowed.
panda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 183/157/145

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda13 View Post
And someone told me (wuv?) that 3 packets of sweetener per day are allowed.
I didn't read anywhere that we were restricted to three packets of sweetener per day. I have been using more than that. I make green tea with 1 sweetener, it is too bitter without it.
QHLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #8  
Started IP Jan 14/12

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I don't like plain green tea, so I use the green tea & jasmine , green tea & lemon or green tea & ginger blends, no need for sweetener then
northernfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

I am going to go some more herbal teas! Tea is one way I am getting past my cravings here in the early days on the plan. Did not realize herbal counted as water. On Phase one, Splenda or Stevia for sweeteners. Is that right?

I hope that the sweetener is not restricted. It is one way I am getting through my life of leaving the carbs alone!
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #10  

I've been drinking iced tea in the mornings, alternating between green tea & Wild Berry Zinger, both sweetened with stevia... sometimes I end up having a couple of glasses of each, sometimes less... I switch to plain water after noon & for the rest of the day...

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #11  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Yerba Matte is my favorite!

http://guayaki.com/mate/130/Yerba-Mate.html
SaraBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #12  
Eck
Green

S/C/G: 250/228/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post
That sounds good!
Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
In the morning, I remove the tea bags, add a few squirts of lemon juice, a little sweetener (I use agave nector) and fill my water bottle with it. I believe it also curbs my appetite a little.
Agave Nectar, even the light variety, has 60 calories per tablespoon, 16 grams CARBOHYDRATES with 15 of those being SUGARS. This is NOT a 0/0/0 product! So I don't think that this is a sweetner that is allowed if you are following the Ideal Protein Protocol. Have you checked with your coach about this?
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:08 AM   #14  

So I have found the most wonderful white tea!!!!! Tasty with no sweetner, its called White Ginger Pear and its from Tea Forte. Bonus with the white tea is it has been shown to benefit the breakdown of FAT~YAY!
FYI PM me and send me your email I can refer you for a $5 dollar coupon that you can only get for a first time order IF someone refers you. Didn't know about that when I registered for my account and bummed I couldn't get one for my first order.
Their Kati cup is SWEET, I use it several times a day. It was actually the ease of using this amazing cup that started my craze. I start my day with a black or green tea. White tea is super low caf so its as close to herbal as you can get without being herbal. I dig the African Solstice as well, its like candy in a cup and it is herbal and no sweetner needed.

I am in heaven with my loose leaf teas, I will never be a bag girl again they just can't compare. This is something I am certain will continue way past the end of my weightloss journey and bring me pleasure for years to come. I am a bit crazy addicted right now.

http://www.teaforte.com/store/gourme...e-ginger-pear/

Last edited by JojoTheMojoMomma; 02-13-2012 at 01:33 AM. Reason: added a link for all you tea crazies :)
Old 02-13-2012, 01:10 AM   #15  

OMG, the Bombay Chai steeped for a full five minutes and added to a vanilla ready made IS A CHAI LATTE FROM HEAVEN
Edited to add, I had this for my bf this morning and frankly its the most amazing thing I have put in my mouth for MONTHS! I was actually thinking "I think I am gonna keep this one on stand by even after I am on maintance".

Last edited by JojoTheMojoMomma; 02-13-2012 at 01:15 AM. Reason: I think to fast for my fingers....