Old 01-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/168/150

Default Always shocked this diet (lifestyle) isn't more popular!

When I first read the book years ago, I thought it was brilliant! I ignored Wave 1, because I needed my fruit...but the concept of the book is great! It really teaches flavorful cooking. I see so many people on fad diets, but this one that promotes healthy eating just doesn't seem to get the attention it deserves.

I'm a person that needs that constant chit chat about dieting... but there's just never enough people to discuss with and I find myself falling off the wagon too often.

In any case, for those doing this plan, I say Kudos! It really is great and I wish this forum were more active.
luvthelighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:37 PM   #2  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I agree! I love eating like this, but I had to join a broader range of forums in order to connect with more people on 3FC. I think this way of eating is perfect in terms of life-long healthy food choices. The fads are about getting weight off "magically". Most people don't think about the lifetime commitment to healthy eating.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #3  

I agree! I lost 15 pounds last summer and I enjoyed plenty of good food, and I even cheated and ate all the fruit I wanted. I would check this board and it was relatively quiet. I found a good place is the Chicks Up For a Challege board. I have joined a couple of monthly exercise challenges and I find the group support is very nice there.

I have gained 5 pounds since the end of summer, and I am going to go back on my modified Sonoma plan. And I got the "New" book at the library book sale! I love to read it for motivation. Got a new two-cup bowl at Dollar Tree, and a pretty plate at the thrift shop. I have stocked up on carrots, squash, zucchini, and onions, and a new bottle of olive oil, and fresh strawberries.

Good luck to us all!

Annie
Tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote