General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

Default no clue what size i am

so i recently bought new clothes since im alot smaller than i was 74lbs ago. i followed torrids size charts and figured 20 would be perfect. 14-16 would have been better.out of the 3 pairs, only one is really wearable and thats with a fully belted belt and a prayer that they dont fall. the others are gigantic. like the stomach area is a pouch basically that im supposed to fill with something i dont have and it makes me look like i have..boy parts when i sit down because theres so much more material left over it just peaks up like a tent LOL. i call it my jean peen. the waist is also loose, the butt is just...i wish i had the butt they think i do. so yea. im not a size 20 or 18 and maybe not even 16. like...one pair is so bad it looks like hammer time pants on me. but i followed the size charts! anyone else ever had this happen? with size charts showing you are one size when youre really 4 or 6 sizes smaller O___O
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #2  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I had that trouble with Torrid when I used to wear their clothes. The size chart is off, but once you find out your size you generally can order Torrid brand stuff without a problem.

I remember having 45-46" hips and fitting into their size 12! Last I checked it said 42" hips on the size chart.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
I had that trouble with Torrid when I used to wear their clothes. The size chart is off, but once you find out your size you generally can order Torrid brand stuff without a problem.

I remember having 45-46" hips and fitting into their size 12! Last I checked it said 42" hips on the size chart.
thats my hip size so i guess im a size 12 lol explains why size 20 is hammer time pants on me.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #4  
Leveling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlaine09 View Post
thats my hip size so i guess im a size 12 lol explains why size 20 is hammer time pants on me.
Lol!

It depends on how you like your pants. I'm usually wearing a size down because I like my pants tight
Old 01-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #5  

i prefer them tight so im not constantly pulling them up , 2 or the three are so bad i cannot wwear them outside my bedroom. they are just buckets. next time i order jeans there ill order a 14 just in case unless ive lost a lot more weight by then

what i find also really odd is a lot of girls my height and weight are much bigger than i am, is it all just body composition? my weights pretty evenly distributed, its just so strange, my sister is my height and a tad heavier but she can barely squeeze into 24s of the same brands i wear 14/16 in

Last edited by CherryQuinn; 01-28-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #6  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Can't you send them back & get something more figure flattering in smaller sizes?!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #7  
Leveling Up

well if you're losing weight you're better off going smaller anyway, even if the pants are a bit tight. You get more use out of them that way. I always made it a rule to go smaller if I was in between two sizes and I think I saved a LOT of money that way!!

Also, do a google search for Torrid coupons before you buy. There's always one or two floating around out there.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #8  

i could but the pairs i have are sold out and their current jeans arent pleasing. plus i paid 62 bucks in customs fees. ill probably get mom to use her sewing machine to take them in
Old 01-28-2012, 02:29 PM   #9  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Definitely, I actually made a post complaining about this on my blog awhile back. Since I order almost all my clothes online this really, really annoys me. Normally I just have to guess because the size charts can sometimes be 5-6" off, it's insane!!!

I did figure out the problems with pants, though. Apparently manufacturers assume that there's roughly a 5-6" difference between your natural waist and high hip (NOT the case for me because I have relatively straight torso) so I end up having to downside about 3 sizes. The rest is just insanity, you'd think they'd want to have accurate size charts because I imagine they have TONS of returns on online items!!!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #10  

my natural waist is 38, my belly button is like 43, 44. i guess 20 with the 40 inch waist would give me a good bet, but the waist on these jeans is 4-5 inches bigger then my belly button sizing. so id say 48 inch waist instead of 40. i think their waist measurements are really hip measurements