Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Normal every day demons are bad enough TTOM demons are too much

I am so blah today and I want to eat. And I want to eat a lot and I want to eat carbs - everything bad for me. It's all around me in the house and would be so easy, but I also know I am RIGHT there again with getting to 100 total pounds lost (I got there right before the holidays and then gained over the holidays and now I'm trying to get there again).

Of course, it's TTOM and those demons that are hard enough day to day are quadruple hard today. I'm feeling sorry for myself and I am having a hard time talking myself down. I am feeling down about always having to under-eat and to exercise to keep dropping... Day after day, week after week, month after month. Man, I just want to have a total pig out session... But I know I really don't! Darn hormones!

And it is the same... Monthafter month with having to talk some sense into my hormone raged brain. Man..... Trying to be strong.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 01-22-2012 at 07:14 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #2  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I'm not looking forward to my TOM which is coming this week or next and not only am I a raging B1tch, I constantly want to eat, eat, eat...pancakes, chocolate, cupcakes sweets, sugars...lol I think it's the time of the month we're all allowed to have self pity on ourselves..heh men have it so easy!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #3  
Is walking to Mt. Doom

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5 ft 7

First of all, congratulations on your amazing weight loss so far

I feel your pain re: TOM cravings

What I've been trying this week, which seems to be working so far, is saying to myself 'ok, I majorly crave some of those biscuits I've got in the draw. I'll have a glass of water/diet coke and in 30mins if I still crave them this badly, I'll let myself have one portion of them.'

And if I still want them, but not as badly after 30mins, I'll have another glass and give it another 30mins. Before you know it, you're at dinnertime and eating a normal meal having overcome you snacking ^_^

I hope some of the above ramblings helps you, even if its just a tiny hint of motivation.
lilsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

I hear ya! It's the same for me every month. It's the same for me whenever I am stressed or depressed! You can get through this. Distract yourself with music, exercise, a movie, TV, posting here.... You'll feel great if you resist the binge - and might even get a whoosh of weight loss at the end of TOM! Congrats on your loss so far.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I had this same experience a few days ago- I thought I had it conquered by going to the gym and feeling pretty good, but then two days in a row I ate junk. And it came out of nowhere! hang in there, it's only temporary, but we all know how much it stinks.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #6  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I hear ya berry!!! - even in menopause, I STILL get those over-powering stupid*** cravings!!! Yesterday I ate an entire bag - ENTIRE BAG!- of chips (and not the single serving size, either!!!!) UGH!!! And this morning? After all that SODIUM... UP 3 lb!!!! UGH, UGH, UGH!!!! ~sigh.

Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #7  
My goal = health

I hear you! It's like a monster inside that hybernates for few weeks and then BOOM! feed me......!!!!
Stay strong, stray strong....Ooops I just ate an animal cracker for the same reason!
RRB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #8  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Berry - Thank you so much for this posting today. I too am feeling down and sick of tracking everything I eat and not feeling like I can eat what I really want without the guilt that comes afterward.
I too am working on losing holiday weight and even with extra exercise the scale is not going down. UGH.
I am seriously questioning whether I can lose the last 10 pounds I want too. I still have a lot of fat to lose and I know I can do it but man giving up would be easier.
I feel your pain girlfriend and today I am sooo tired of it all.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #9  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Beach Patrol - LOVE your picture. Totally how I feel right now.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

PMS is rearing it's ugly head - and I already had the case of the dieting blahs! Holding strong so far, but I have a feeling the weekend is going to be a killer!

Good luck to all of us. Maybe it's the winter blues?
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #11  
Melissa

For what is worth, I battled it out and next day I felt better and dropped weight. Day after that and full determination was back and I've dropped more weight and now I feel super strong and committed. It was totally TTOM blues. Just work through it eveyone as it too shall pass.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 01-26-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #12  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
I hear ya berry!!! - even in menopause, I STILL get those over-powering stupid*** cravings!!! Yesterday I ate an entire bag - ENTIRE BAG!- of chips (and not the single serving size, either!!!!) UGH!!! And this morning? After all that SODIUM... UP 3 lb!!!! UGH, UGH, UGH!!!! ~sigh.

Ha ha ! I didn't see this the other day! That pretty much summed it up! Hope you are feeling better now Beach Patrol!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:19 AM   #13  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

I hear ya. My cravings come right before and some during my period. I have to remember it and remind myself that it's JUST my TOM, not me actually hungry. That seems to help some.

But once in a while the TOM cravings get out of control. Not fun.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #14  
On the slow track.

S/C/G: 210/ticker/160

Height: 5'9

Does anyone get actual hunger rather than just cravings during this TOM? For the last few days I have been physically STARVING and no matter how many healthy balanced meals and snacks I have, I keep being hungry. It usually only lasts a few days but it is pretty gruesome while it's going on!
DietVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

DietVet - I get HUNGRY during TOM - like starving, stomach growling in pain kind of hungry. This is in addition to the chocolate and salt cravings. No wonder I'm such a cranky pants during that time.
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote