Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #1  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Default 7 days a week

So I got this opportunity to rake in some extra cash yet again. But it'll be going back to working 7 days a week for a period of two month.

My current job is Monday - Friday 6am-2pm.
Saturday a different job 9-5 and every other tuesday 5pm-8pm.

This third job will be on Sundays 7am to 7pm for 8 weeks. which can help me bring in an extra 1200 - 1600 dollars in that time period.

Now If I can continue to control my eating, and get my workouts in will not really having a day of rest slow down the process of me losing weight or even possibly gain?

I know I gained a bunch doing this between Aug to Nov, but the truth is I wasn't controlling my eating. I stopped working out and I just didn't care at the time.

Does anyone have advice on what they would do here?

(Now it's just me so this won't be affecting anyone else.)
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #2  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

It really will come down to you getting proper sleep, exercise and nutrition. Emphasis on SLEEP. Getting to bed early enough to really sleep is tough and **** on your social life. "Sorry gals, cant go to a movie, bed time is 8:30" is hard. Lack of sleep will drive the rest.

The schedule seems doable to me. You get out early most days, plenty of time for a workout after work on MWTHF. and still chill out before bed. You'll just need to be hardcore about meal planning and workout scheduling because this kind of schedule is like dominoes, once you get off track it is a cascading issue.

But you have to resign yourself to where you are going to have to make cuts and remind yourself that it is just 2 months.

Last edited by ennay; 01-25-2012 at 03:56 PM.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Obviously working won't make you gain weight. The stress and shorter amount of free time may influence how, when, and what you eat, however. If you feel you can handle the loss of free time, and if the financial incentive is worth it, by all means give it a try. You sound like you're aware of the possible pitfalls. Be diligent and you should be thinner and richer in 8 weeks. Good Luck!

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #4  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

In your case in which you fear you won't have rest or are in need of rest, you might not get in the workouts you should be doing. So, my opinion is to be very diligent with your calories. and if you can, slip in at least a 20 minute session of exercise, when you can.

good luck!
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #5  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Thanks guys, you're right.

I know the pit falls. As long as I can stay on track monday - friday with workouts, the weekends should be a breeze. Just continue to buy healthy food and make my lunches like I would do monday to friday. Sundays are little more difficult because there 12 hours shifts, but I'm sure I'll manage. It's life right?!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote