Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-23-2012, 03:30 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default I need a push to the gym!

I am SOO terrible about getting my butt to the gym. I recently started back at school part time and have been using that as an excuse in my mind that I dont have time for working out.. But I only have class 2 days a week so I really do lol. Does anyone have any inspiration or tips for me to start working out? Ive always wanted to have a work out routine but havent yet found the discipline to do so.

Last edited by shannylove; 01-23-2012 at 03:31 AM.
shannylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:33 AM   #2  
fake it till you make IT!

S/C/G: 312/264/199

Height: 5'6

Yo just got to do it. I needed a push too & was lacking motivation & jst sed SCREW THIS I JUST NEED TO GET OVER IT & GO!!

That's what you need to do. Just push yourself & go. You'll feel so much better about yourself.
tinkerbelll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

Schedule your workouts on a calendar and make them non-negotiable. Also, find yourself a gym/accountability buddy if possible, this is something that has helped me immensely. I have to show up to the gym because someone else is counting on me to be there.
audri8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #4  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

If you have a gym membership that includes classes or they have affordable ones at your nearby park district or whatnot (or at the place where you are taking classes), they can be a great way to help give you a little structure while you are building habits.

Also it really helps to try and include stuff you are interested in. If you don't like running, don't like elliptical machines, whatever, of course going to the gym to do those things is going to feel like punishment. Find things you enjoy or you've always wanted to try. Park districts in my area sometimes offer free or inexpensive intro/preview classes to get people trying things they might be curious about so they sign up for it if they like it, like water aerobics samplers, zumba, nia, etc. Or if your gym has classes, why not try something you've never tried that sounds interesting. Many running stores around here offer free or cheap c25k type classes for wanna-be runners, which give you a training plan and usually schedule 1 or 2 group runs a week.

My husband goes to the gym too but he really doesn't like to do cardio grinds for very long. Oh and he hates those classes at the gym - I've been trying to get him to go spin with me for years but nooo. So instead, he loves hockey so when I started to get active, he signed up for skating lessons to refresh his skills and now takes hockey classes. Sometimes during his lunch break or after work he goes over to the rink near his work and does some extra skating. Since he got into something he loves, he's been far more consistent with his exercise. Even going to the gym now has a purpose - he has planned strength/cardio workouts designed around what he's read/been told works best for hockey players and is happy to do anything that will help his hockey playing passion.

Last edited by Somni; 01-23-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote