Old 01-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #1  
Warrior Princess

Default Best time to weigh in?

I find myself weighing in too much which is frustrating because my weight can fluxuate by 3 pounds overnight.

So how/when should I weigh in to monitor properly?
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #2  
Warrior Princess

Red face

Sorry I meant how often, not how...obviously that would be a scale. Thanks again.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/182/135

Height: 5'1"

My doctor wants me to weigh myself fairly often, and to me that's every other day at most. Usually every 3+ days. When I was dieting and exercising on my own (not under a doctor's supervision), I would only weigh myself once a week.

And always the first thing in the morning. I weigh myself without any clothes on just for consistancy.
Rapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #4  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

After going to the bathroom, and before eating or drinking anything, naked, first thing in the morning is the most accurate weight. After that you've got the weight of everything you consume in your digestive system.
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #5  
hope | amal | أَمَل

S/C/G: 216/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4" (1.63m)

If you're stressing about the day-to-day fluctuations, I'd recommend not weighing yourself more than once a week. Consider it like a mini goal: To work at your weight loss / fitness as best you can for the week and then you get to hop on the scale and see what's up, sort of like a reward.

I tend to weigh myself every day because I can typically tell when that-time-of-the-month is coming strictly based on how slowly I'm losing, or even if I gain, because I know it's water bloat But I'm also not bothered by the day to day fluctuations, so it's best to tailor your weigh-in schedule with how you feel emotionally / mentally and how well you cope with seeing the back-and-forth changes that are inevitable in a woman's body from day to day.
Adalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210.2/202.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I tend to only weigh myself once a week, same day every week. I do it as soon as I wake up & have had my first pee, before food. TMI - sorry.
LW12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 275/275/200

Height: 5ft 7in

i try to only weight once a week, but the scale is so tempting when I know I've had a few good days. But like the last 2 days I've been dealing with the stomach flu, and seeing that I've lost 6 pounds is going to be disappointing when I actually am able to eat something and it comes back instantly..
LosinItIn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #8  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosinItIn2012 View Post
i try to only weight once a week, but the scale is so tempting when I know I've had a few good days. But like the last 2 days I've been dealing with the stomach flu, and seeing that I've lost 6 pounds is going to be disappointing when I actually am able to eat something and it comes back instantly..
I know how that is. I went through a period of high stress and lost 10 pounds, as soon as that saga was over I gained it all back.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #9  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adalyn View Post
If you're stressing about the day-to-day fluctuations, I'd recommend not weighing yourself more than once a week. Consider it like a mini goal: To work at your weight loss / fitness as best you can for the week and then you get to hop on the scale and see what's up, sort of like a reward.
I definitely fight with my scale. I will weigh in once a week (morning/naked/after bathroom) but not the week before my cycle.

Thanks, ladies.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

I only weigh myself after my shower at the day's end. No rhyme or reason other than consistency.
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 205/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I like to weigh myself every morning, I find that it motivates me and doesn't freak me out... I know it fluctuates for a variety of reasons... I weigh myself every morning like the others here have mentioned, after I pee, before I get dressed or have anything to eat/drink. If the number is down it motivates me to keep working and if the number is up it motivates me to keep working harder, lol.
LittleBrownBike is offline   Reply With Quote